The Memory

We arrived at my house and we went straight up to my room. Derek and I sat down on my bed facing each other.

I sighed. This was tough for me. I never told anyone around here bout anything that happened. When people asked why I it was just my brother and I, I just said it was complicated.

•••5 years ago•••

I was up in my room, trying to figure out what music to listen to. Tyler burst through the door and shut it fast behind him.

"What the hell Tyler?"

His eyes looked worried and that made me scared. He was always the brave one. Tyler never got scared. Tyler had just turned eighteen a month ago and graduated. He had the world at his fingertips and was fearless.

Tyler ran up to me and covered my mouth. I have him a confused look.

"Be quiet, Val."

In the distance I could hear shouting. What was going on? It sounded like my mother and father were screaming.

"Come back here, you whore!"

My eyes grew wide. That was my father calling, who I assumed was my mother a whore.

"Tyler,"

"Shh,"

"John stop, please! you're drunk!" my mother screamed. Then I heard a huge thud and the yelling ceased.

I shot off of my bed and out of the door before Tyler could stop me. I ran down the stairs and saw my parents. My mother lie on the living room floor, bloody. She was lifeless and my father stood a over her with anger in his eyes.

He caught my glance realizing I was there. "She deserved it."

I could barely believe what I was seeing. "Dad," tears streamed down my face. "You killed her!"

"She was a stupid whore."

I felt a hand on my shoulder, Tyler. "Shut up!" I screamed at him.

"You're a little whore too!" he boomed. He stepped closer to me and I felt Tyler's grip tighten.

The look in his eyes were terrifying. I bolted to the kitchen. I heard him trailing behind me. I scrambled to the drawer where we kept the knives.

"Get away from me!" I said holding the knife out towards him.

"Val, please put it down." Tyler pleaded.

"Shut up!" he pushed Tyler back knocking him into the cupboards. he stayed down. I could see blood dripping down the side of his face.

He ran towards me. I lunged the knife foreword and he slowly dropped to the ground. I couldn't hold back anymore tears. They flowed out of my face.

I saw him reach for my leg and I stabbed him again, and again, and again. I would've kept going if I hadn't felt hands grab the knife from my grasp. I let the knife fall to the ground. The clang shocked me and the tears came out more and more. Tyler wrapped his arm around me as we both cried. I could hear the sound of distant sirens.

I had just killed my father, and my mother was dead. How could I have managed this? I was only thirteen
and all I had now was my brother. I continued to shake as Tyler held me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I tried to word this the best that I could. So, yeah.

Vote/Comment.