No One Will Hurt You

I can't do this. I got up, grabbing my bag and ran out of the lunchroom. I heard Derek yell for me, but I ignored him. Tears were flowing down my face. Jackson couldn't do this to me. He couldn't. I didn't deserve it. It was bad enough I had to go through it once before. It was was hard the first time. One more crack and my heart was sure to break. Tyler and I had been through enough in our life, we just wanted a second chance. Was that too much to ask for?

I ran into the hallway not paying attention to where I was going. I heard footsteps trailing behind me and someone yelling. I wasn't paying attention. I just wanted to get out of here. I fled to the doors and ran out to the parking lot. It became easier to breathe. I stopped running and collapsed on the concrete. Tears flowed out of my eyes like a waterfall. I whimpered and brought my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. I felt another pair of arms around me, they were familiar. Derek.

"Everything's okay, shh. I won't let him hurt you." He whispered in my ear. His voices seemed choked up. His tone suggested he was upset too.

"You can't promise that, Derek." I blubbered.

"I will make sure, NO ONE will hurt you."

I moved my arms, and he let go of me. Wiping the tears from my face, I stood up and so did Derek. I looked up at his eyes that were now filled with concern and sadness. I try to regain my composure and I hug him tightly.

"I need to tell you something."

Derek took my hand and we walked off towards my house.