Chapter 4

-Aidan (Harry Potter)-

When Aidan Thompson was younger, he was adopted into a wizarding family.  Aidan knew that his dad  was a wizard, but he knew nothing of his mother.  His adopted parents were kind, loving folk, they had lived in Engand their whole lives, and they also went to Hogwarts.  Both of them were sorted into Ravenclaw house.  They were extremely intelligent people.  Aidan grew up with their actual kids, Bonnie, who was two years younger, and Jacob, who was four years younger.

During the second wizarding war, his adopted parents had died, fighting with the Order of the Phoenix to defeat Lord Voldemort.  They were killed by the Carrow siblings in the Battle of Hogwarts.  When Aidan had found out, he was enraged that the only family he had ever known had died.  Well, he still had his siblings.  Bonnie and Jacob were sent to live with their uncle, who had also went to Hogwarts. He was abusive to the kids, he was abusive even when their parents had been alive.  They seeked refuge whenever they went to Hogwarts, and tried to stay at their friends' house during holiday breaks.  Aidan was determined to save the kids once he was old enough, but he still was only fifteen.

Aidan received his Hogwarts letter when he was eleven.  The sorting hat had placed him into Gryffindor house in his first year.  The rest of the family was in Ravenclaw.  Originally, his adopted parents were upset by this, but they got over it when Bonnie got sorted into Ravenclaw house.  

After his parents had passed, Aidan had arrangements to attend Hogwarts earlier with the head master.  Little did he know that he would be rooming with the chosen one.  Normally, Aidan had a group of friends he stayed with, but they had bravely fought in the battle of Hogwarts and lost their own lives.  He didn't even know that Harry Potter was returning to Hogwarts to finish his 7th year and take his N.E.W.T.S.

But none the less, McGonagall had offered Aidan a bed in Harry's dorm, so he wasn't going to refuse.  He already had brought his bags and his cat, Stryver, a fat orange tabby cat.  Aidan didn't spend a lot of time in his new dorm, he was too busy discovering new passages at Hogwarts.  Harry and his friends barely talked to him, Aidan could tell that they were heavily distracted by something, but he had no idea what.  So, he happily stayed out of their ways.  Aidan occasionally talked to Ginny, she was a nice girl, along with Neville Longbottom when he was around.  

During his fourth year at Hogwarts, Aidan got extremely good grades and exceeded especially in botany.  He was the best in his entire year, and perhaps in the whole school.

Every once in a while, Aidan would see glimpses of strange creatures, ones he hasn't even seen or heard of before in corners, but they would vanish before he could take a second look.  He shrugged it off and lived to learn with it and ignored it.  He didn't think much of it.

Aidan was sprawled out on a couch in the Gryffindor Common Room, with his feet resting on a coffee table.  He blinked several times, trying not to fall asleep.  His eyes were trained on the fire, he was sure he saw the face of an old woman with a kind face. It disappeared within seconds, leaving Aidan confused again.

"Hey Aidan," a sweet female face said brightly.  Aidan scrambled to sit up straight and see where the voice had came from.  A tanned face with wavy dark brown hair came into focus.  He saw Emily's infectious smile as she rested on a small chair next to him.

Aidan's heart raced at the sight of her.  He had a crush on her since his second year.  They've been in the same classes since their first year.  "Hey Em," he managed to say calmly through his poker face.  "What are you doing here?" Aidan hadn't expected her until the first day of school.

Emily shrugged her small shoulders and grinned her white toothed smile. "I should ask you the same thing." Aidan found himself getting lost in her almond shaped, brown eyes and words would come out of his mouth. 

"Uh.." Aidan stammered.  "My adopted parents were killed earlier this year..."

"Oh," Emily sighed, her eyes watering slightly.

Aidan stood up and sat back down on the arm rest of Emily's chair. He took her hand into his.  "What happened?" Aidan asked gently. 

Emily angrily wiped her eyes, upset that she had broken down that easily.  "Nothing," she sniffled. "My mom, she was under the imperius curse," she had started to let her tears fall freely.  "Bellatrix...Le..Lestrange. Made...made her do terrible things. Once she was done with her she-" Emily started bawling into Aidan's gray sweater.  "She killed her! Emily finishes infuriated. Aidan could see that she was keen on revenge, even though Bellatrix Lestrange was dead.

"She's dead now, she can't hurt your family anymore," Aidan wrapped his arms around Emily, her warm body pressed against his.  Emily continued crying, but eventually fell asleep while basically on top of Aidan.  He decided not to move, how long would this last for him anyway?

Aidan grinned a sad smile into the fire and let sleep take over him.

--

A/N: Sorry, short chapter. I'll be posting in the next view points in a couple of days :)

-Emily