Chapter 1

-America's POV-

I have spent the past two weeks avoiding the Report, the newspapers and anyone else who talked about the upcoming Royal wedding. It was supposed to be my wedding. I regret the day it happened but I don't regret the night before. Maxon proposed to me and told me that he wanted to marry me. I was thrilled and excited for a new life with him and only him. My mother and sister would later say that things went too far that night but I say otherwise. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It was the perfect night and he was so gentle and made me feel special. Until we woke up the next morning. I saw the betrayal in his eyes and it made my heart sink. I regret that day. The day I lost him.

When I got home that night, I sobbed into my pillow till there were no more tears left. No matter how much comfort food my mom made, or how many hugs May gave, or how times Gerad asked me to play ball with him, I didn't move from my bed for days. It was a full week before I mustered up the courage to face my family. "Hey honey, are you hungry?" My mom asked offering me some chicken. I nodded but only had a few bites before I felt like I had to puke. I ran to the bathroom and just kept puking. I have been feeling sick for a while but I thought it was just because of constantly being reminded of the wedding.

"Ames, are you okay in there?" I recognized Kenna's voice. "Yeah I'm okay, just not feeling well" She came in the room seeing how sick I really was. "America are you sure you're okay? You look pale and have been sleeping a lot. When did you start feeling sick?" "The day I left the palace. I woke up a little dizzy but I brushed it off thinking it was cause of..." My thoughts trailed. I didn't know whether or not to tell Kenna.

"Dizziness, throwing up, loss of appetite? It sounds like you could be pregnant Ames." Her words struck me like a ton of bricks. Pregnant? Me? But how? I mean...it was one night. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Why I felt so sick and why I felt so overwhelmingly sad all the time. It started right after that night. "Ames? America!?" Kenna's voice broke my train of thought. "Did you and Maxon ever...?" "Yeah. Once. The night before I left."

She looked so confused. "What happened between you two in such a short amount of time?" I knew that there was no going back from this point. I had to tell her. "He proposed to me that night. He even bought me a house for you, mom and everyone else. I loved him and I was finally ready to marry him." I could feel the tears start to run down my face but I fought through them. "The next morning I woke up in his arms and he went to go tell Kriss and Aspen came. I told him that I choose Maxon and he was reassuring me that he would be fine because he loved someone else. As I hugged him goodbye, Maxon and Kriss came around the corner and saw me in his arms. The anger and betrayal left him so hurt that he chose Kriss instead." The tears that were trickling down turned into full on sobs. I was crying uncontrollably in Kenna's arms. "It's okay America. I'm gonna run down to the store and get you a test okay? We need to know for sure before we do anything or tell anyone, okay?" I nodded

-One hour later-

I waited for Kenna in my room. She came back with a bag that had some stomach medication and...the test. "Here you go. I also got you some regular stomach medicine in case this comes out negative. If you are just sick, you still have to take care of yourself." "Thanks, Kenna. I don't know what I'd do without you." I ran to the bathroom, hoping I wouldn't bump into anyone on the way there. I hesitated opening the box. This one box that I held in my hand would change my life forever. What it said would dictate every decision I made for the rest of my life. After I finally opened it and took the test, I had to wait two minutes for the results. It was the longest two minutes of my life. When they were over, I looked down at the test. I heard a knock at the door. It was Kenna. She came in and asked what it said. All that came out of my mouth was "Oh my God"

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/N 

Hey y'all. So I hope you liked the first chapter sorry if it was short. The first few are going to be a little short but they will get longer as the "drama" develops. 

-Hugs and Kisses