"pay for it yourself!"

"How on earth did you manage to sneak us out of Hwarang House?"

"I have my ways."

"Well, then where are we going?"

"Where ever you want."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Nari questioned, pulling Yeo-Wool to a stop and swinging him around to face her.

"You'll see," Yeo-Wool answered, before letting off a smirk, continuing to drag Nari behind him.

The pair trekked along a broad gravel road until they finally arrived at the centre of the capital, the interlining streets bustling with crowds of people, the smell of delicious foods wafting around the noses of passersby. Nari looked around in awe, having been deprived of the usual warm town atmosphere for months upon end. The busyness of the area made a sudden wave of nostalgia envelope her, the days where she had lived happily with her mother and Poong-yeon quickly coming to mind. Yet, this feeling was an unexpected source of comfort for the girl, and she knew that, for at least one day, she could reminisce in her past without feeling bitterness of remorse.

"Where do you want to go first?" Yeo-Wool asked, a smile on his face as he observed the excited Mouse beside him.

Nari's giant blue eyes scanned over every stall on the roadside, until they fell on the closest one to the duo – a kite stand.

"Kites!" she squealed, gaining confused looks from the people around her.

She quickly covered her mouth, remembering she was still dressed up as a boy. Slowly, trying to lose the attention of those surrounding her, Nari grabbed Yeo-Wool's wrist and pulled him to the kite stand, letting him go as soon as she got there, replacing her grip on his clothes with the multi-coloured kites that were laid out on the table before her.

"The yellow one is so pretty!" she cried, running her fingers over its soft edges with admiration.

One particular memory flicked into Nari's brain; she could still remember flying a kite just like it on a hillside with her father. She tried focusing on his face, but age had nearly taken that pleasure away, the recollection blurred. However, she pushed the memory away, hoping to recreate it someday.

Flashing a cheeky smile at Yeo-Wool, she held the kite up to her face, hinting at him with innocent eyes. Her pockets were empty, yet she wanted to fly the kite so badly. Yeo-Wool scoffed at her, hardly believing how shameless the audacious Mouse was.

"Pay for it yourself," Yeo-Wool derided, yet he already secretly had the amount at hand.

Nari pouted sadly, pushing out her bottom lip.

"I really have no money," she sulked, widening her eyes. "I swear this is the only thing I'll ask you for. My only wish is buy this and go fly it on the top of that hill."

Yeo-Wool's eyes followed the girl's finger, which pointed at just beyond the city wall. A small grassy slope peered over the boundary of the town, it's altitude seemingly perfect for flying kites. Turning back to his companion with a sigh, he pulled out a sack of money from his robe, handing two coins to the man behind the stall. He took the earnings merrily, motioning for Nari to take the kite.

"Thank you!" she sang with glee, holding the object tightly across her chest.

Yeo-Wool smiled at her, enjoying the fact that she was happy again.

"Let's keep looking," he suggested, but Nari had already moved on to the next stall, observing its properties.

"You're going to be difficult to keep up with," Yeo-Wool muttered to himself with a chuckle, before looking down at the bag of money in his hands. It was his intention to spend it all on her today, and that's exactly what he was going to do.