"mouse is a weird one"

"You decided to show up," Ji-Dwi scoffed as he watched Mouse limp towards him on the riverbank. "I was starting to think you'd given up."

"I'm here," Nari grumbled, her foot still throbbing from her comrade squishing it. "...unfortunately."

Ji-Dwi smirked, chucking a stick in her direction. Nari caught it with ease, halting in her tracks.

"Use this to practice," he said, picking up a stick of his own.

Wrapping a piece of cloth around his hands, he swung the object though the air, familiarising its weight.

"Why are we doing this again?" Nari asked with a sigh, adjusting her own grip.

"Quite frankly, I don't really need to," Ji-Dwi stated abruptly. "But since I'm partnered with you and don't want to be embarrassed in front of my peers, you need to learn."

"Well, that was blunt," Nari mumbled, her cheeks turning red.

Ji-Dwi shrugged with a smirk.

"Let's begin."

And that line marked the beginning of a three-hour training session with the two; sore feet, complaints and laughs all present. By the end, they were exhausted, sprawled across the grass beside the river.

"Let's stop for today," Nari panted, sweat dripping down her forehead as she peered at the skyward clouds. "I don't even think I can lift my arms."

"You get tired quickly," Ji-Dwi pointed out as he lay in the grass beside her. "I'd expect a young boy like you to be full of energy."

Nari pondered on that for a moment.

"Young boy...I almost forgot," she sighed inwardly, a part of her wishing Ji-Dwi knew who she truly was.

"I guess it's because I'm small," Mouse replied out loud, satisfying her dance partner's confusion.

"Hm...yes. Very tiny," Ji-Dwi mocked, sitting up.

"Yah!" Nari yelled, kicking him in his side. "Stop teasing me!"

Ji-Dwi bolted to his feet with a laugh, ignoring the pain that was now searing through his ribs.

"You need to learn to use your words," he scolded with amusement.

"I wish you'd STOP using your words!" Nari retorted, eyes narrowed.

The young man chuckled in reply, before a silence drifted between them. All to be heard were the insects that chirped from the forest and the wind that danced through the trees.

"So...what should we do now?" Nari asked awkwardly, sitting up.

Ji-Dwi looked at her, and then at the river.

"It's really hot," he answered, beginning to unravel his outer robe.

"Wha-what are you doing...," Nari stuttered, her eyes wide open with surprise.

"Going for a swim in the river," he replied. "Don't you want to?"

Nari's face began to burn as Ji-Dwi continued to undress in front of her.

"Um...I think I'm just going to..."

Before she could finish, Ji-Dwi pulled off his upper garment, revealing his chest to the young girl. With her hands, Nari stopped a horrified squeal from escaping her lips.

"Are you coming for a swim or not?" Ji-Dwi questioned, bending down to feel the water's temperature.

Heart racing and cheeks bright red, Nari scrambled to her feet in a panic.