"someone's jealous"

Ji-Dwi seemed very absorbed in the objects he was being shown. Evidently studying the finer details of each piece, he made it known the subject was very peculiar. Nari, flushed by the sudden interest into her personal life, began to doubt the seriousness of her story.

"It's probably just a coincidence," she laughed nervously, casually trying to grab back the items.

Ji-Dwi dodged her sneaky attack, pulling away from her with his eyes still locked on the possessions.

"Where did you find these?" he asked earnestly.

Nari sighed with defeat. However, her mind was beginning to grow more and more curious about his engagement in her affair, and she hesitantly decided to share the details.

"I found the coin at the marketplace, sitting on a table."

Ji-Dwi thought for a moment, pondering on the possible circumstances of the situation.

"Did you just find it randomly, or do you think it was intended for you?"

Nari thought back to the day she had found it, its polished surface glimmering in the sunshine.

"I swear it wasn't there when I looked the first time."

Ji-Dwi twisted his mouth in contemplation, seemingly murmuring to himself.

"Someone must be trying to send you a message...but for some reason cannot do so in person...," he finally concluded aloud. "How about the hairpins. How did you receive those?"

"Yeo-Wool gave them to me."

For the first time since Nari had handed him the coin and two pins, Ji-Dwi looked up at the girl.

"Yeo-Wool?" he asked, his voice obviously strained.

Nari nodded in reply, unaware of any kind of conflict. "It was very nice of him to do so."

Ji-Dwi tossed the hairpins and coin to the side, suddenly losing interest in their mysterious existence. He sported a solemn frown.

"Why did Yeo-Wool buy them for you?"

Nari smiled just thinking of the answer.

"He took me out on a little adventure. I wasn't feeling very good, but he helped me get better. These hairpins were just a cherry on top."

Ji-Dwi's jaw clenched slightly as the sides of his mouth sunk lower.

"Why didn't you come to me? I could've bought you anything you wanted, much better than these lousy pins!" he exclaimed firmly, offended by her attachment to another Hwarang.

"This was before you knew my secret!" Nari protested, crossing her arms. "Why would I have gone to you then?!"

"Because I-" Ji-Dwi began, before cutting himself off. "Whatever."

He crossed his arms in return, displaying an exaggerated pout. Nari couldn't help but laugh.

"Someone's jealous!" she teased, poking him playfully.

Ji-Dwi turned his head away, acting even more displeased. Nari, thoroughly amused, shuffled closer towards him.

"I'm sorry!" she declared cutely, pushing out her lower lip sadly. It took all of Ji-Dwi's strength not to smile. "I promise I'll just come to you from now on!"

The man turned his head back slightly, hinting he was listening to her compromises.

"Please turn around," Nari pleaded sulkily, pulling on his arm.

Ji-Dwi shook his head, refusing to face her.

"Pleasseee!"

He didn't budge.

"If you do, I'll give you something special!"

Now he was interested. Ji-Dwi slowly turned back to Nari, curious as to what she had in mind. In the blink of an eye, the girl thrust her head forward, pecking him on the tip of the nose with her soft lips. Ji-Dwi's mouth opened slightly with surprise, processing the unforeseen kiss.

"You just-" he began, but failed to continue, a large grin creeping across his once pouty face. He tried hard not to bounce around with excitement. Her cuteness was torturing him.

"Are you happy now?" Nari questioned, smiling smugly.

Ji-Dwi nodded sheepishly, still struggling to contain his joy. Suddenly, the sounds of footsteps hitting the hard wooden floor filled the room, and it wasn't long before the bedroom doors burst open. Seonu appeared in the entryway. Nari's eyes narrowed at the sight of him. However, what he said next made her question everything. With his sword pointing towards them, he cut straight to the point.

"Which one of you liars is the king?!" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Sorry for the short and late update! I've been very busy lately but I still wanted to give ya'll a chapter. Enjoy :)