Chapter thirty

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y

His cries became louder, he's still hugging me whilst burying his head on my chest.

"Jungkook-ah." I uttered, my shirt was already wet but I don't mind.

He hummed in response, I continued caressing his hair.

I asked, "where's your mom?"

"S-She was w-with A-Appa." He answered, I guess he's having a hard time to speak.

I nodded, I tried loosening his grip but he held me tightly.

"Kook, you have to go to bed now. Come on..." I muttered nonchalantly. He slowly nodded then he lets me go.

I miss his warmth but he have to go to sleep. I guided him 'til he laid down, he looks at me tiredly with his swollen eyes. He must've cried for long, I fixed his blanket and was about to stand up when he grabbed my wrist.

"Please stay for awhile." He pleaded, I smiled and goes back to sit. I was caressing his hair while he was staring at me.

The silence feels pretty awkward, I still remained silent. My smile's still not fading from my lips, he was just plainly staring at me.

"Thank you." He suddenly said, my smile became wider with his words. Although his voice was raspy his voice still sounded angelic.

I stopped, "you don't have to thank me, I'm willing to do this." I said.

"Can you sing me a lullaby?" It made me stopped in my spot.

Why does he wants me to sing him a lullaby? Nevermind if that's what he wants why not? I started humming a lullaby my mother used to sing for me when I was a kid. An innocent kid...

I was just an innocent kid but I can't believe how my innocence disappeared in a blink of an eye. I closed my eyes and continued humming, I wish I could bring my innocence back...

"Y/n-ah."

I wish I listened to them.

"Y/n."

If only I wasn't selfish.

"Y/n!" A shout suddenly banged my ears causing my eyes to open.

I found Jungkook already sitting, his worried face makes me wonder.

My brows furrowed, "why are you looking at me like that?"

He wiped a tear I didn't know came out from my eyes, I held my face only to feel it wet. I was crying.

"Are you okay?" He asks, I looked up to him.

I smiled and nodded, I wiped my face using mu handkerchief.

"You should sleep now."

"But—" he was about to speak but I stopped him by putting my index finger in his lips

"Sleep, I'm going back tomorrow." I stood up and left.

I'll tell you Jungkook, just not now.