Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of giggles. Arhhh what now! I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 07:48. It was Saturday and l needed to sleep in. I checked my texts again remembering that last night Sam hadn't texted and l was tired to do so. I decided l should call him since  he hadn't texted this morning either. Sam was an early riser so l know he was already up and doing things by this time. It rang till it cut off. There was no answer, huh? He usually has his phone with him all the time. Maybe something bad happened to him. Oh my gosh maybe he got into an accident!! I rushed out if bed and went downstairs and found my parents necking on each other.
"Eheemm " l said trying to announce myself. They broke apart and dad greeted me first.
"Good morning my princess " he smiled. I smiled back and said" good morning to you too parents and may l add.... Ewwwww" l made a face while heading toward the fridge and both of them laughed.
" Zendaya, you are a grown ass woman,I'm  allowed to kiss my husband whenever I want to"
" well, mom, that's why bedrooms were invented..duh!!"
"Oh get over yourself" she said as she started making breakfast.
"Don't make some for me" l informed her.
" why ain't you eating? You never miss breakfast " she looked shocked.
" moom really?!" I rolled my eyes at her. I looked over at dad for some support who was seating on the kitchen chairs and reading his newspaper. He looked up and said
"What?"
" didn't you see that! Mom just accused me of over eating!"
"Oh honey , did you say our daughter is fat?" He exaggerated his shock. That's why l loved my daddy. He was always on my side, No matter how wrong l was. Told ya he spoils me.
"You know l didn't mean it like that " my mom gave him the eye. Ha ha ha ha l loved it when they did that.
" anyway me I'm leaving. I gotta go visit Sam . He's not answering his phone and he hasn't texted me. I'm getting worried." I told them
" don't panic, maybe he went out last night and he forgot to text you" my mom suggested
" no he didn't, he told me he's working overtime and he never texted, he never does that " I had a worrying look on my face.
" don't worry too much " mom said and she hugged me.
" okay but I'm going over there to make sure he is ok"
" drive safe" she yelled as l was already closing my car door. I drove there fast , l ringed him first but he still didn't answer. Calm down. I told myself. I was beginning to panic. I parked my car and literally ran up the stairs two at a time. My heart was hammering in my chest. I knocked on the door twice and no one answered.  I twisted the doorknob but it was locked. Where was this guy?! I knocked again and again. Maybe he was still at work? As l turned someone opened the door.
" Babe" l ran into his arms breathing heavily. I had panicked.  He hugged me back lightly.
" l was so scared when you didn't answer your phone!! I thought something happened to you!" I didn't know it but the tears were already running down my face.
" l love you too much for anything to happen to you " l told him between sobs.
" I'm sorry Daya, l got off work very late and l just crushed when l got here, l forgot to text you and l just woke up" he said after l pulled back.
" that's what my mom said but my stupid brain didn't agree" l smiled up at him and have him a kiss.
" l should leave you to rest, l will be back this afternoon, l have to go back and tell mom I'm okay, she's probably worried, l just ran off and l haven't had breakfast yet " l told him.
" okay l will see you when you come back" he leaned in and kissed me.  I touched his chest.
"Eww you're sweaty" l commented 
" ahh was having a nightmare " he scratched his head.
" mmm so we're even" l said as l recalled the first time he called me while l was having a nightmare.
"I will see you" l said as l walked away.
Pheww!! At least he's ok.   I got into my car and turned on the key and headed home with a look of relief painted on my face.

What do you think of Sam?
Where do you think he was?  Don't forget to vote and comment!

-