Chapter 17

Therapy was ....different. I'm just not used to telling a stranger how l feel. But got to say, it was liberating.  I only did a few sessions but l fell pretty good. I'm not going to keep going. I think l got helped enough. And today  being discharged from the hospital. To say lm happy is an understatement. I miss the comfort of my own apartment. To think that l was supposed to be married and living elsewhere with Sam is overwhelming. Sometimes l wonder what my life could have been if l had gone ahead with the wedding. What would have happened if l hadn't found out that my fiancé was sleeping with my best-friend. Would l have found out or they could have lied too or maybe they would have aborted the baby anyways. Did Elle love him? Or was it just sex? I had a lot of questions which in due time l really hoped to ask and her answers but right now l had to forget about the wedding. Right now l think the miscarriage was a blessing in disguise. I mean of course if l still had the baby l would have loved him Nomatter what but l can't help but think he would remind me of Sam each and every day and besides l can't help but have chills from Sams threat about taking my baby.

Doctor Mark came in as l finished dressing.  My mom has brought some clothes because l came here wearing my wedding dress and right now it was blood stained. Shame, it was a beautiful dress.
"Hey" Doctor Mark said.
"Hie"l greeted him back turning to face him with a smile. I had grown to like him very much. He was fun and outgoing. He kept me company whenever he was on duty and when he was not doing his rounds. I was very grateful for him.
"So are you ready to go home?" He asked handing me my coffee. I was now used to him fetching me my coffee revert morning. He now knows how l like it.
"Thanks" l said while taking the coffee. "Yes, lm ready Doctor Mark,l can't wait to go home" p smiled and took a sip.
"I think you should stop calling me Doctor Mark, lm not your doctor anymore " l raised an eyebrow.
"What?you are not!" He defended himself.
"Okay, but l don't even know your first name" l said.
"Elijah " he said as he placed his other hand in his pocket.
"Elijah?" I said with amusement.
"Yes"
"Like Elijah in The Originals?" I said on the verge of laughing.
"Yes, that one"
"I love Elijah, he's such a gentleman and he's a classic man. Let's hope you portray his character " l said.
"You want me to be a vampire?"
"Are you?" He laughed. 
"No, but l can see you would like me to be"
"Of course but the main thing is are you a gentleman?" I looked at him dramatically. And he laughed.
"Well, give me your number and l shall show you my gentlemanly manners" he said with a British accent. And oh my! How much l loved it.
"You just want my number " we looked at each other and we both burst out laughing.

-------------

I ended up giving Doctor Mark...l mean Elijah my number. He has been a good friend all this time. And one that lm very grateful for. He texted me and now l also have his number.

Currently lm lying in bed playing with my phone as always and my mom pops her head in my room through the door. 
"Baby "
"Mom, lm not a baby, l almost got married and almost had a baby" she knew l was kidding. I will always be her baby.
"Whether you have grandkids you will always be MY baby" she smiled while she sat on the bed besides me.
"How are you feeling?" She asked.
"I'm ok l guess, l mean therapy helped but lm ok " l told her. It was the truth. I was fine.
"But you should give yourself time to greave. "
"Mom"
"No, Zendaya, you lost a lot. You lost your fiancé, your best friend and your child on one day, it's a lot and it's only been a week. I know you're trying to be tough but you need to let it out otherwise it will eat you from inside "
I guess what she's talking about makes sense, l mean how she put it but l don't feel that way. Yes l lost all that but l had only found out l was pregnant for a day and after Sam came to the hospital and we had "the talk" lm actually glad that l dodged a bullet.  Elle is someone l feel  like l lost. She was my best friend and l talked to her about anything and everything. I'm still trying to wonder why she would do this to me.
"Okay mom, l understand " l told her.

Hie there my lovelies!!
I just wanted to discharge Daya from the hospital and let the fun begin.
And some of you might think that she's getting over this situation too quick. No, this is the way l would personally want to deal with such situations because l always read novels when a girl loses her baby and she never moves forward and there's too much emotions, l don't like it and l never will so lm trying to make happy memories the most.
Thanks for reading 😘😘
Don't forget to vote and comment!!