chapter 22

I spent the whole morning with Elijah and I had so much fun. Elijah was a perfect gentleman. Now we were having lunch in our usual diner and as always he ordered a double cheeseburger with fries. I had a salad and a roll.
"so..."  he said as he looked suspiciously at me.
"What Doctor Mark?" judging by the look he was giving me, he definitely had something to say.
"Elle"
"what about her?" I played dumb. I knew where this conversation was going an I did not like it.
"When are you going to talk to her?"
I sighed "I'm not" he looked at me with his intense eyes.
" Elijah... I'm just not ready...OK?" he didn't respond,he just gave me a look.
"Look,I was thinking of talking to Shauna this week and then I can work from there but I'm not ready to talk to Elle yet" he kept quiet. I knew he didn't like it at all.
" I'm not ready Elijah,please understand,I will talk to her if I think I'm ready,because right now every time I think of it my head starts to spin. " I looked up at him and he placed his hand on top of mine,it felt good,I felt goosebumps. it field so right. I closed eyes for just a second. When I opened them he was smiling.
"Why the goofy smile?" I asked him.
he shrugged. "Nothing"
" Out with it" I demanded with a smile.
" nothing, you're just beautiful this all" he simply states and obviously I blush.
"I was thinking that during the week,you would be busy and tomorrow we will be moving so you wont have time. so why don't you call her now!"
"Are you crazy?" I looked at him like he was insane.
"Don't be a drama queen Daya, won't it be easier to talk to her when I'm around?"
I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it quickly because somehow he had a point. I wouldn't want to talk to her alone.
"Fine" I finally said and he broke into a huge grin.

I called Shauna. few minutes after we finished our lunch. she sounded I excited. I started to wonder if I was too harsh on her. I mean she's not the one who cheated on me. right?  I blew out some air.
"What is it?" Elijah asked.
"Nothing" I replied. Elijah gave me a look that says " I know what you're thinking"
"Was i too hard on her?"
"No.I don't think so,I mean as much as Sam hurt you,its only natural to not want to talk to his relatives. " I just nodded ,my mind was miles away from this place.
"They are here" I quickly looked towards the door.
"They?!" my eyes were the size of. saucer I can bet.
I couldn't believe my eyes. Besides Shauna was Elle in all her glory. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to pass out, maybe I might pass out, my right hand was clutched in my chest. I could feel my heart beating and my breaths were shallow. my head was becoming fuzzy. Oh my gosh I was going to pass out!! 
"Calm down" I thought I heard Elijah's voice,he gathered me into his arms.
"Its OK.....calm down" he kept whispering those words to me until I finally calmed down. When I opened my eyes,I looked up at Elijah ,I realized the I was sitting on his lap and his arms were wrapped around me.  I felt safe, and warm and calm. I was so glad that he was here.
"Its OK"he said.
He looked ahead and I realized the reason why I almost had a panic attack. I slowly turned my head and was looking directly at Elle.
She looked bad, besides from that she had tears all over her face. She looked lost. She looked hurt, and for a second I forgot that she hurt me.
I looked over to Shauna and she had an apologetic look in her eyes.
"HIE" I greeted awkwardly ,I don't really know who but I know that I just did.
"hie" Shauna quickly greeted back.
" I'm sorry ,I know you didn't want me to bring her but I just  thought this was her chance to talk to you, and ....I'm sorry " she started crying.
Why was everyone crying in here? It's not like they were the ones who got dumbed at their wedding day. OK, not dumbed per se' but still almost the same and compared to my situation, i would prefer getting dumbed at any time. All this time, I realized, Elijah kept holding me close. I felt safe. I felt good.
"Its OK Shauna, I guess what's already one I done"i finally answered. I sighed,"What do you want?" I said directly at Shauna . I was acting like a bitch,again,but hey,I think its I'm allowed right now.
She cleared her throat.
"Zendaya,"she said an I closed my eyes,I braced myself to hear what was a bout to come. Elijah squeezed my hand for assurance.
" I wanted to talk to you about Sam," she wiped her cheeks and cleared her throat "first of all I wanted to tell you that I'm I sorry about what you went through. I know I have no idea how it feels because I've never experienced it or anything near it but I can imagine how much you were hurt" She said.
I took a deep breath and looked at her in the eyes . "I just want to know one thing" I said with such seriousness,it scared me.

She nodded. 

"Did you know about it?" I asked
"I never knew about Sam's relationship with Elle,if that's what you're asking" she said in a rush and with pleading eyes. I believed her. I never knew her for long but I also knew that she couldn't lie if you ask a direct question either.
"Then what do you know" I asked.
she looked down in her hands and took deep breaths.
" Sam has mental problems. "she blurted out.
"What?!" if Elijah wasn't hiding me I would've jumped out of my seat.
I could feel my hands shaking and I could feel  my panic attack was coming back.
"Before we moved he was in a mental hospital but the doctor released him because he was OK. he convinced us all that he was OK. he   .....um... he has anger management issues. and thats why Elle was being abused. ....and......"
"....he abused you!!!??" I cut off Shauna and looked at Elle.She had tears streaming down her face.
"I'm sorry Daya " thats all she said.
"Elle you cannot apologize for being abused.!!" I closed my eyes. "how could I have noticed that?"
" Don't blame yourself ,I was cheating and I was feeling like someone else at that time, you couldn't have known "
"Tell me what happened" I said.she never looked at me directly but she started talking. 
" he came back to your apartment one day...and you were out and I always thought he was hot and I was always so jealous of you....you know you always had the best and.."
I squeezed Elijah's hand so tight.  I didn't want to interrupt her otherwise I might burst.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!
I love y'all
what do you think!?