Chapter 21

The week was good. Mathew and I are taking it slow and we have been going out every night just so we can know each other better. I learned that he is an only child in his family and comes from old money. He is an athletic guy and he loves sports. He had only one serious relationship and it didn't end well for him. His girlfriend died in a car accident.
Its a Friday night and we sitting on my mother's porch after having dinner together at this cute Italian restaurant. I'm sitting here wondering if I should tell him about Sam and the whole deal. But I'm scared of telling him. It still hurt a little just thinking about it.
"So, what are you going to be doing tomorrow?" Mathew asked.
"I have to see a friend of mine and I have to do housework"  he laughed.
"Why are you laughing? " I nudged him on the arm. 
"I just can't picture you doing housework"
"Really?" I asked and he nodded
"Why?".
" well for one thing, you look spoiled " I looked at him with an exaggerated shocked face.
And he laughed out loud.
"Look" he said after he had calmed down.
" you are an only child. "
"You are also an only child!" I defended myself.
"But I'm not spoilt" I pouted
" don't do that pouting, you know I always cave if you make that face. " I looked at him. We were so cute together. I scoffed.
"What?" He asked.
"I was just thinking how we are so cute together"
He looked down and then up at me again. ."yeah we are..but you're cuter" he said while he kissed my forehead. I looked at the time
"Uh I got to get inside" I said while taking my clutch.
"Yeah,its late"
"Good night"
"Good night"
We kissed for a few seconds and then went inside. Gosh!!

Saturday morning came way too quickly. But I  had a date with Elijah so I had to get up. I always had breakfast with him ,even on weekdays. We had grown so close to each other. He was my best friend. And I was used to having him around. I looked at my phone and there were 8 missed calls from Shauna. Gosh that girl don't know when to give up.
I did my morning routine and went downstairs. My mom had made breakfast and dad was reading the paper.
"Good morning parents. "
"Hey baby" my mom said. I went over to where dad was sitting and gave him a kiss and sat right next to him
"Good morning sunshine" my dad said.
"I'm good, how was your night? " I asked him
"Good I guess"
"Anything interesting?" I asked meaning the paper.
"Not really, just same old bullshit. " we laughed together.
"No wonder you're reading it " I mocked him.
"I don't get a kiss" mom complained after she handed us our breakfast.
"There we go again" my dad said still focused on his paper.  I looked back at her.
" didn't dad give you enough kisses last night?" I asked her.
"Zendaya! " mom said.
"What?! You shouldn't be greedy!" I shrugged with a smile.
"You are your father's daughter " she said with a sigh.
Me and dad looked at each other and he gave me a kiss in my hair.
"That's right, you are" dad said.
My mom just shook her head,smiling.

After a half an hour Elijah came knocking and I yelled him to come in.
He greeted my parents and I went to grab my purse.  After I came back he said
"Did you tell your parents you wanted to move?" He asked it so casually he didn't see anything wrong with what he just said. I looked at him with wide eyes and everyone went quiet. I didn't want to tell my parents jut yet because I knew they would have a fit. Elijah realized that I hadn't told them and he looked down. Stupid! The damage is already done Mr Michaelson.
"Daya?" My mom said with a questioning look. Geez they act like I never moved out before.
I went and sat on the couch. Perfect!!! Even my dad is looking at me weirdly.
I sighed
"I uh..I was going to talk to you about that later" I said while giving Elijah the stink eye. They all kept looking at me like i just announced that I'm dying. Oh God!!
" mom its not a big deal,I  just thought I would move back to my apartment. Give you guys your privacy "
"You don't like living here?" My mom asked with glassy eyes.
"Mom.." I walked up to her
"...l love living with you.  I love that you take care of me and you spoil me. But I just need to grow up and see how I can take what happened alone. It's got nothing to do with you and dad" I looked over to my dad " you understand ,right dad?" I looked at him with pleading eyes.
" of course I understand baby " he looked at mom
"Honey, I think its for the best " my mom just nodded and smiled at me.
"I'm going to go to the bedroom for a minute" mom ran from the room.
I looked at dad
"I'm gonna talk to her" he said as he followed her. I nodded.
"You go have fun. " he said and gave me a kiss in the cheek.

After we were alone I looked at Elijah.
"I'm sorry OK. I didn't know you hadn't told them. " I kept looking at him.
"You told me you were going to tell them last night. !"
"I know but really?!" I was a little mad at him.
"You could've asked first before blurting it out you know!"
He came over to me and held me.
"I'm sorry" he simply said. And I forgave him instantly. I hugged him back.
"Now let's go ,the park is waiting. " he said as he grabbed my hand. We looked at each other and we smiled.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!
Xoxo