Chapter 20

"What the fuck Zendaya!"  Elijah screamed.
I knew he was not
going to be happy but  there was nothing I could do. I liked Mathew and Elijah had to like it.
"What?" I played dumb.
"What do you mean what? You went out with your boss!"
"So?"
"So,what if things go wrong ,what will you do next?" He asked, I could see that his ears had become red from anger.
"Elijah" I said looking straight at him. I was becoming pissed off also by him being judgemental.
"I thought you would be happy for me,you know since I'm trying to move on and forget about the past"
He sighed
"Daya" he said with an apologetic face.
"No,! I want you to be happy for me and if you can't then don't act like my friend!" Tears were already threatening to fall on my cheeks.
"I know and um sorry" he sighed out loud again. " I guess I'm just looking out for you. " and he smiled. Gosh he had a really nice smile.
I smiled back at him and thanked the waiter when she delivered our meal.

Lunch was good and we talked about everything. I had missed this kind of thing. Talking with a friend. Makes me miss Elle more. Elijah is fun but we can't go shopping together. But nevertheless I had a good time.
Elijah was walking me to my door when he asked.
" hey, umm have you talked to Elle yet?" I looked at him funny.
"No," I frowned " why would I talk to her?".
"Well,you need closure, you can't move on without that"
"I know but not now"
"Yes now, you went on a date Daya, you can't date someone if you haven't closed another chapter otherwise you're not giving that poor boss of yours a chance. "
He was making sense I knew it but I couldn't talk to Elle, I wanted answers but not now,I wasn't ready to hear them.
I sighed and rubbed my temples
"Elijah, I can't take that right now. But I will talk to her" I looked at him.
"Think about it" he said as he looked at me cautiously.
I smiled. "I will, thanks for lunch"
We hugged and I went into the house. Suddenly i was feeling exhausted and i just wanted to take a nap.

30 minutes later, I was staring at the ceiling. My mind couldn't stop working. I was thinking of Elle, when I see her how am I even supposed to talk to her without thinking of what she did to me? And Mathew , am I really going to do this? Am I ready to give my heart to someone whom I don't know.
My mind was still spinning when I got a text. I grabbed my phone an opened it and Shauna had send me a text. She wanted to meet me. I don't want to see her right now. She was good to me though but I'm not so sure yet. She is Sam's sister. I never finished my thoughts because I drifted off to sleep.

Weekend was so peaceful and i rested. Spend the Sunday laying around in the house. Now its Monday morning and my heart is pounding. I have a lot of questions. How am I supposed to act? Am I supposed to act normal while at the office? Gosh this is hard. I walked in the office holding my cup of coffee. Mathew was already in his office. I took a deep breath and knocked in his door.
"Come in"
I walked in slowly and looked at him.   He looked up from his computer and he smiled.
" you look beautiful Miss Brown" he commented
I looked down at myself and I said thank you with a smile. I was wearing my red pencil dress with open toes black heels and my hair was in a neat bun.
"Umm would you like something Mr Cole?" I asked nervously.
He looked up and raised an eyebrow.
"Its Mathew" he said while he got out of his chair. " but you calling me Mr Cole makes me want to kiss those lips. "
Now he was in front if me. His lips merely inches from mine. My heart was racing and I was shaking. I was feeling things I shouldn't feel after one date. He inched a little closer.
" Mathew " my voice had so much uncertainty.
"I want to kiss you"
I closed my eyes
" please" he pleaded. " I've been dreaming of your lips the whole weekend and I couldn't wait to see you again"
Shit! What the hell am I feeling.
His lips moved closer and our lips touched. It started as a small kiss but it progressed into this wonderful thing that I couldn't get enough of. After a few minutes we pulled away from each other and he like looked into my eyes. I could see he was feeling what I was feeling but I was so scared. That exact moment I was shitting my pants. I felt my cheeks dampen.
"Hey hey hey" Mathew said.
I sniffed.
"Come here" he led me to his office couch and we sat down.
"I'm sorry , I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry, I knew I was moving too fast. " he apologized
I wiped my tears and looked at him.
"I'm sorry" he said again. I smiled at him.
"Its not your fault. I uh..just have some issues I'm working on and I was just feeling things I not supposed to feel this early. I just.   "I sighed out loud.
" I just need to take this slow, I've been hurt, a lot and I don't want it to happen again because if it does I don't think I can be able to take it. "
"I'm sorry but I will never hurt you,at least not intentionally but you are right. We need to take it slow,for your sake. I just want you to be happy. " he wiped my tears and pulled me into a bear hug. After a few minutes of him holding me we spring apart and looked at each bother.
" thank you " I said
"Anything for you Miss Brown"
" I ...uh...let me get back yo work " I smiled. We both stood up.
"Of course"

I'm so sorry its been long since I wrote. I have been having issues with my phone. But I'm back now and I'm a little rusty 
Tell me what you think of this chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo