Chapter 13

It's been months since Sam proposed. I've been busy with the wedding and its tiring. My results came and l had passed with flying colors and was told it wouldn't be hard finding a job. Sam though on the other hand don't want a woman who works. He wants a housewife like my mother. I don't have a problem with that...l think?
It's not so bad staying at home is it? I mean if my mother did it, l think l can do it too.  Sam's job can take care of us both very well and we can live comfortably.
I met Sam's parents two months ago and they are wonderful people. I loved especially his grandmother. I never had the privilege of meeting both sets of my grandparents and l just adored granma Paul.  She was a very very nice lady and she was also x-rated. But l loved her nevertheless. Elle has been helping me so much with the preparations. I'm so thankful of my best friend.
Sam and l house shopped together and we found this little two story Victorian home that's is so cute. It's not large but l love it. We plan to raise a family in there. We haven't bought any furniture, we thought we would do that after the honeymoon. Sam has t told me where we are going. He said it's a surprise. I can't wait for us to be a family. I've never been so happy and so scared at the same time  in my entire 21 years of existence.
Sam had bought me a blood red BMW for my 22st birthday. He came from a well bred family and they were kinda wealthy. He had a little sister that was the same age with me and we became friends the moment we met. Her name was Shauna and currently she was the one dressing me in my wedding dress.

We had opted for a garden wedding with at least 600 guest. I had chosen blood red and white as my main color scheme. The reception was also outside in a tend and the decorations were mind blowing. The whole wedding was so expensive that my parents wouldn't have afforded it but Sam and his parents only wanted the best for me. My bridesmaids all wore red satin gowns and silver pumps. I wore a mermaid Vera wang that was off shoulder and it clung to my every curve. My black round butt was looking mighty fine if l may say so myself. I had blood red Jimmy choo pumps on and my nails were red. My hair was done in a very complicated up-do and my makeup was done by the famous Huda Beauty. I was giddy and was on top of the moon. All my friends were invited and all my classmates. I was going to be walked down the isle by my dad. I had planned my whole wedding with the help of my future mother in law and my mom and Elle and everything was perfect. What was left was for me and Sam to be pronounced husband and wife. At this moment my mom barged in the dressing room.
"Honey" she looked me up and down.
"You look...beautiful " she started to cry.
"Mom don't you dare cry right now..you will ruin my makeup " l warned her as l felt tears forming in my eyes. Today is an emotional day for me and tears won't hesitate to fall.
"Shauna, you look wonderful too" mom said as she looked at her. Shauna was also one of my bridesmaid.
"Thank you Mrs Brown." She blushed.
"Daya ,did you do the  test?" Shauna asked.
Oh yeah l had forgotten one little tiny tinzy detail. I might be pregnant! Tadaaaa!!!! (Let me back up a little bit)
Well l missed my period 2 months ago but l took the PT but it came back negative. I told Elle,Shauna and mom and they all said it might be stress from all this wedding planning. But it's been three months since l got my period and l had promised these people that before l get married. I will take another one and l had almost forgot about it.
"No Shauna, l haven't "
"Why not?"
"I forgot " l said looking in the mirror.
"But you promised " she whined
"I know but l can't do it now, I'm in my wedding dress " truth be told l was scared. I was scared that l might be really pregnant but l don't think I'm ready for a baby.
"Go take it" mom urged.
"I will take it after the honeymoon, it won't make a difference " l shrugged.
"Honey, l know you are scared but it's better to know now than later plus you will enjoy your wedding more when you know the results. " she had a concerned look on her face. Gosh!!! I hate it when she turned motherly on me. I couldn't refuse her.
"Fine!!!!" I gave up and took the home pregnancy test from Shauna's hand and stomped to the bathroom.
"What's the results?!" Shauna asked eagerly. 
"You have to wait 5 minutes you dump ass" l joked with her. We had grown closer these few months and we had discovered that we had a lot in common.
"Daya, be nice, she's going to be your sister in a few hours!" Mom said
"I know , and l can't wait" l said looking and smiling at her. I could feel the tears swelling in my eyes.
"Darn these tears!" I said.
"I think she's pregnant " Shauna said causally
"Me too" mom agreed
"Why would you say that?! " l said looking at both of them.
"You're just too emotional " Mom said
"I'm supposed to be emotional, it's my wedding day!!" I shouted
"See" my mom pointed
"Arrhhgg " l stood up and started pacing.
"If you are, l hope it's a girl "
"Shut up Shauna" we stayed in silence for a few minutes
"I think 5 minutes is up " l said as l turned the stick so l could see the results.
"Shit!" I felt dizzy l saw the two red lines indicating l am indeed so pregnant.
"Oh my God!!!" Shauna jumped up and down like a little kid who has been offered candy.
"I'm gonna be a granma " mom said looking shocked.
"God . I'm going to be a granma!! " she shouted this time looking like it finally registered
"Mrs Brown, l think Daya is having a stroke. " she said as she looked at me with concern
"Honey" my mom looked at me for the first time since the news.
"I'm...I'm  fine...l got to go tell Sam" l stammered
"But it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding!" Shauna looked shocked.
"Shauna it's bad luck for him to see me in a gown... I'm gonna wear a coat on top" l exhaled. " l can't wait to tell him after the wedding, it won't be fair...right??" I asked looking at mom  
"Yes honey it won't "
"Go" Shauna said handing me a coat.

I walked out of the room into a corridor and opened the door where the groom were changing.
" hey guys. Have you seen Sam?"
" he went to get some air.. He's outside" one of the groomsman answered
"Thanks " l closed the door and headed outside. I almost bumped into someone
"Joe?" What was he doing here? Elle had told me they broke up a few months ago because they just fell out of love. Sometimes l found her crying alone in the bathroom when we were hanging out with Sam. That's when she had confessed that she was lonely. I have been urging her to go out and date but she just seemed uninterested. But why was he crying.
"What's the matter? What are you doing here?" I asked. I knew l hadn't invited him for a reason. It would upset Elle. 
" l came to talk to Elle about something " he sniffed
"Oh are you guys trying to get back together?" I asked confused
"What?"
"You broke up two months ago right?"
He laughed.. That kind of laugh Maleficent laughs.
"Is that what she told you?"
" yes" why was Joe acting so weird. I wasn't close to him but l thought l knew him a bit.
"She's a lair "
"She's my friend" l said defensive
"If she's such your friend, why don't you go find out what she's doing?" He said. He looked upset. And it looked like he was drunk.
"Are you drunk?" I asked him in disgust
"I'm sorry l don't want to cause problems..I'm  leaving" he just turned around and left.
Geez!! What the heck ? I don't need this today. Especially today. I opened the door and stepped outside. The morning air greeted me and gave me goosebumps.
I looked around for Sam but l couldn't find him. Maybe he went back inside. I was headers back to the house when l heard voices in the guesthouse.
I walked there and heard Sam and Elle's voices. What were they doing here??

Hey hey my lovelies!! How are you doing?
What do you think of Sam and Elle?
But mostly what do you think Joe was trying to say?
Did you see the pregnancy coming??
Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote and comment!! Xoxo