Chapter 24

"I'm sorry" Elijah said from the kitchen. I was sitting on the couch scrolling through TV channels trying yo find something good to watch.
I looked up at him.
"What's that for?" I asked a little confused.
"For kissing you" he said as a matter of fact. We hadn't talked about it today and we had spend the whole afternoon together. I in particular was trying to sway away from the conversation all day. I wasn't rest to talk about it. And I wasn't rest to chose.
"its OK" I quickly stood up and starts walking around. Suddenly I was feeling restless " it wasn't your fault,I kissed you back. " I continued
" I just wanted to be clear , I dont want to get on your wrong side since we bow living together. " I just nodded in agreement. I didn't want to risk saying anything.

I walked around his apartment looking at pictures on the walls. There were dog pictures,his pictures. He looked so handsome.
"How come you are a surgeon at such a young age?" I asked remembering something. " Doesn't it take like  . .15 years to finish?"
He  looked up at me and smiled.
"How did you notice?" he asked.
" Well on Greg's Anatomy you know" I trailed off and he laughed.
" Its 12 years. And I graduated high school early. " he simply stated.
" How early ?"
"at 15"
"15!!!!!?? oh my Gosh you wre a genius. why didn't I notice it before?" I made a thinking face. Elijah was trying to hold his laugh. He was so handsome. So pretty. My type of guy. But thats the problem
Guys like that always breaks hearts.Guys like that likes girls like me. just for a short period and then they move on,leaving girls like me heartbroken.     
" food's ready"Elijah broke my chain if thought. I moved to the kitchen and sat on the stool. He placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me and slid in the next stool .
"smells good"

------------------

After our dinner we sat on the couch watching nothing in particular. The good thing was that we never ran out of things to talk about. He was always talking and I was always talking. it was kind of our thing. and I loved that about us.
"When I was with Sam, we had a good time together. " I said . Elijah looks at me confused.
" I know, I don't talk about him but I miss him. I didn't know he had a mental illness. I was happy, I miss those times. He was such a gentleman. H was the man of my dreams. I was going to have his baby. " I hadn't realized I was crying until Elijah wiped the tears away with his fingers.
" Don't ever leave me Elijah" u said as I continued to cry. As always he gathered me into his arms an held me tight.

-----------

"hey, wake up" a voice that was very far away said.
" you kept through your alarm. " I don't know who the heck this was but I'm going to ignore it, maybe I'm dreaming.
Bang!!!!!!!!!! I quickly jolted up.
"Whats happening !?" I looked around disoriented. I saw Elijah on the door with two cooking pans in his hand.
" what the heck Elijah!?"
"I tried to wake you up nicely but you didn't listen. " he said.
" jeez did you have to do that. ?" I complained
" you are late to work, its half past six and you are going to make me late too, Im scheduled for surgeries today" he breathed out. " now get out if bed and go shower,otherwise I will pour a bucket of water on your heard. " and then he walked away.
" sheesh .... jerk" I said mainly to myself.
" I heard that" Elijah shouted.
I plopped down on the bed.  what did I get myself into?

----------
I dreaded going to work. I mean when you are going out with your boss it's another story. I arrived just on time but Mathew was not in yet. I fetched my coffee and his coffee and set in on his desk. After a fee minutes I was settled down and I starts on work.
A few minutes later Mathew came out of things elevator holding the most beautiful flower bouquet ever. He was smiling fum eye to eye.
" Good morning Miss Brown " he said as he bend down and kissed my cheeks.
" Someone's in a good mood. " I said as he handed me the flowers.
" For you" he said.
" Thank you Mr Cole, they are beautiful" I gushed.
" for a beautiful lady. " he said as he walked to his office. I smelled them vs the smelled divine.  I quickly out them in the vase with water an set them on my desk and I went back to work.
An hour later Mathew called me to his office.
"Sir?" u said as I entered his office.
" I like it when. you call me that" I blushed.
" come here" he mentioned me to his desk. I walked slowly and when I reached the desk I looked at him.
" can you come around the desk Miss Brown" I wjkes around his desk and looked at his trousers and oh my he was aroused. I blinked back and looked at the ceiling. He grabbed my waist and sat me on hi lap.
" How was your weekend" HW asked casually. I tried to adjust myself so I don't feel not so little junior Cole.
" Don't mind him, he's got a mind of his own " he said with a smirk and I cleared my throat. 
" It was good"
" I've been dying to see you since our date,I wanted to ask you out again during the weekend but I didnt want to pressure you. What were you uubg during the weekend ?"
"I moved from my parent's house" u said getting v comfortable.
" You staying alone?" he asked
" Not really, I moved in with Elijah"
" WHO. IS. Elijah, ?" his tone had changed from soft to hard.
I swallowed
" My best friend" I said. .
" OK, can I come see you tonight?"
" you want to take me out? "
" no, I was thinking maybe say in, get some privacy and just talk."
" ok, but can't we do it at your house?" I asked.
" yes but that would have been too forward for me. " he said smiling.
" its ok, its not too forward." I smiled back at him. I stood up from his lap and fixed my outfit.
" I got to go back to work, the Boss might get mad. " I said smiling at Him. u walked out if the office and checked my phone, 2,missed calls from Elijah. Before I could call hi back, he called again.
" hello" I answered. He didn't respond
"Elijah are you ok?" I asked
" yeah I'm good" he said
" you don't sound OK" I insisted
" I  just got out if surgery, I spent 4 hours working on a 1 year olds head. It was a complicated surgery but it came through , and I Jud wanted to tell you, you're the only person I wanted to tell." there was a few seconds of silence.
" I'm glad the baby is going to be ok" I said.
" I miss you already" he said.
" I miss you too Elijah" and h disconnected the call.
My heart was beating so fast.

-------

I unlocked the door and went straight to my bedroom. Mathew was going to be here in an hour and I had to prepare ,take a shower and all that.
After 45 minutes I was done and was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. Comfort clothes.
"Daya, I'm home" Elijah's voice drifted to my room.
I went to the living room.
"hey" I said. he was still wearing his scrubs  ."why are you still in your scrubs. ?" I asked.
" I couldn't wait to come home to see you"  he walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I  smiled at him. Gosh he was so handsome. He made me think of Dr Shepard from Greys Anatomy. He had a soft look in his eyes.
" thought we could oder in and watch a movie, your choice. " he said as he removed his shoes and throwing them on the floor.
" um mm.... I ..."
The doorbell rang.
" let me get it" I quickly said.
" no,let me " he said  already walking to the door.
He opened it and I could see Mathew.
"Can u help you?" he asked
" Yeah,I'm here for Zendaya" Mathew answered. The men looked st each other weirdly. I've never seen that kind of. look on Elijah neither on Mathew. Shit!!
" ummm Elijah, this is Mathew my Boss and hmm Mathew Elijah." I said.
they only looked at each other and never said a word.
" Mathew let me grab my jacket. " when I turned. Elijah was gone .

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!