Chapter 2

{Character in picture:  Virginia "Ginny" Gardner as Savannah Braden}

{Song in video: Mothica - You Will Forget Me [TRAILS Remix]}

When I woke up the next morning, I laid in bed until close to noon. Even though I still felt sad, I made myself get up to eat breakfast. Although I usually ate scrambled eggs, avocado toast, or waffles for breakfast, this time I poured the Frosted Flakes cereal into my bowl, and poured some milk on it.

My mom was at work, and I was home alone with Fluffy.

I looked at my cell phone, taking it off the charger since I charged it overnight. I sighed as I noticed several missed calls and texts from Manuel. He kept on repeating apologizes on texts and voicemails I turned off my phone since I didn't want to deal with anything at the moment.

I managed to wash my face, brush my teeth, and put on different clothes.

I sat on my bed, watching more episodes of "Gossip Girl" as Fluffy sat next to me.

Suddenly, I heard my door bell ring. I didn't feel like going all the way downstairs, but I did anyways just in case it was my mom. Sometimes she forgot to take her house keys with her.

When I opened the door, Manuel was standing outside. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened last night at the party. I was really drunk," he said in a quiet and sad tone.

"That's the problem. When you drink, you don't know when to stop. We both know it makes you do stupid stuff like that," I said, folding my arms.

"I know. I'm really sorry about that." He sighed, brushing his hair back.

"I understand, but being drunk reveals people's true colors and intentions." I glanced behind me since I didn't know where to look. "You have gotten drunk other times, which resulted you in flirting with other girls."

"I know I have, and I'm so sorry for that. Did you want to go somewhere and talk more about this?"

I shook my head. "No, I don't. I've already repeated myself about this situation before."

"Okay." He looked down as he went silent for a few seconds. "Well, whenever you want to talk, just let me know I guess."

I just gave him a shrug as he walked away, then I closed the door.

As soon as I sat back down on my bed, I heard another door bell ring. I groaned as I got off the bed. I definitely wasn't in the mood to deal with Manuel.

I swung open the door. "What do you want?" I snapped. I realized my best friends were standing outside of the door.

"Yikes, hello to you too," Nina said as they walked in.

"Sorry, I thought you all were Manuel." I winced.

"No, why would you think that?" Sadie asked, looking confused.

"He came by a few minutes ago."

Their eyes widened. "Really? What did he say?" Savannah asked.

"He apologized for his behavior." I rolled my eyes. "But I've dealt with this before."

"At the party last night, he kept bothering me and asking me where you were at. I told him that I didn't know, but he kept following and bothering me about it," Sadie said, rolling her eyes. "He was acting like a mess."

"Sorry you had to deal with that."

"No worries. I'm sorry you had to deal with him, and his B.S."