Chapter 13

{Song in video: Jai Wolf feat. Chelsea Jade - Lost}

"You know, I think I'm going to join theater," Savannah randomly said as her, Nina, Sadie, and I walked down the hallway after school. "I'm going to sign up right now."

Nina raised an eyebrow. "You're into theater?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"I mean, it looks like it could be fun. Plus, colleges love extra curricular activities." She shrugged, then went into the classroom to sign up for it as we waited in the hallway.

"I think she would have fun with it," I said, smiling.

Sadie shrugged. "I never saw her as a theater type, but it seems like it could be fun for certain people," she said.

Savannah walked back out, grinning. "I'm good at memorizing things, so if I ever were in a play, I'm sure I can remember the lines well," she said.

We walked out of the school, and I saw Manuel sitting on a bench outside waiting for me.

I turned to my friends, and said, "I'll catch up with you all later." Then, I walked toward Manuel, grinning.

"How's my wonderful girlfriend?" He said to me as he got up, wrapping his arms around me.

"Great. We get to hang out at my house," I said, grinning as I remembered I asked him about coming over earlier.

After we kissed, he pulled away slightly. "About that...we can still hang out for a bit, but I was invited to hang out with some friends. You should definitely come. It's not technically a party, but I promise I won't drink if someone will be drinking."

I sighed, thinking that I didn't want to go, but I also didn't want Manuel to be in a setting by himself where there would possibly be drinking. "We'll still go to my house?"

He nodded. "Of course." He held my hand, slightly squeezing it, then kissing it.

We walked over to his car, and then drove over to my house.

We went over to my couch, and I put my legs over his as he sat down. After a few minutes, we laid and cuddled while watching "Shameless" on Netflix.

While we were watching "Shameless," I kept thinking about how Manuel and I were going to the gathering later. I sighed as I got up when I realized I had to do some homework.

"What's wrong?" Manuel asked me, looking slightly concerned.

"I just remembered I had some math homework," I groaned as I went over to my backpack that was next to the dining table.

"You know, I can help you with homework." He gave me a suggestive smirk.

"Manuel!" I gave him a look, laughing. "I have to finish it before I go to this gathering."

"Is it due tomorrow?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"I'll help you, if I even remember much of it." He chuckled.

"It's Financial Algebra, if that helps any." I shrugged as I got the math book and worksheet out.

Manuel helped me to do some of the math homework since I was still new to learning it.

As I finished up the rest of the homework, Manuel wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek. I giggled to him, saying, "I'm still trying to finish up my work."

"And I'm trying to be a loving boyfriend," he said, chuckling as he continued to teasingly kiss me.

I finally turned around, kissing him back, and wrapping my arms around him. *Homework could wait a little.*