Chapter 6

{Character in picture: Jordan Fisher as Caleb Reed}

{Song in video: Sheppard - Geronimo}

"Girls, we're going to be going on a ferry ride to go to Delos," Nina's mom said to us as we were getting ready, and doing our makeup while watching Greek T.V. shows. "Does that sound good?"

"Of course!" Nina exclaimed cheerfully, then put on red lipstick.

"Sounds like fun," Savannah said, grinning.

"Is that the archaeological site?" I asked them.

"Yes," Nina's mom said, nodding her head.

I grinned. "Good. That's what I wanted to see since I got here."

"Me too," Sadie said. She looked over at Nina, who was putting on black mascara. "You're really doing a lot, Nina."

Nina rolled her eyes. "A girl always has to look her best," she said as she was applying the black mascara while looking in the mirror.

Now, it was Sadie's turn to roll her eyes. "I feel my best not wearing all of that."

I looked into the mirror, noticing a few hickies on my neck. It wasn't too many or too large, but could still be noticeable if you looked close enough. I winced, then put on as much foundation and cover-up on my neck as much as I could. Thankfully, it covered up well.

A few minutes later, we were all ready. We went over to the restaurant, and ate our lunch.

After that, we walked a few streets down, where the ferries were.

We paid, then went onto one of the ferries, which was medium-sized, and blue and white. It didn't take too long to settle in there, and start going. I haven't seen Caleb today so far, but if I were to guess, he was probably doing something with his family.

"I'm sure it's going to be awesome going over there," I said, grinning. "My camera is fully charged."

As I was talking to my friends, I heard a familiar laugh. I turned around, and sure enough, I saw Caleb with his parents sitting behind us a few rows back, towards the right side.

My eyes widened in surprise. I tried to wave to get Caleb's attention, but I wasn't able to, since he wasn't looking in my direction.

Savannah gave me a confused look, as well as Nina, Nina's mom, and Sadie. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"I see Caleb. I'm trying to get his attention," I replied.

"Oh, that's easy," Nina said. Then, she turned toward his direction, yelling out, "Caleb!"

Not only did it cause Caleb to look at us, but also his parents, who looked confused, and other people who were around our area. Some of them looked annoyed, giving us dirty looks. The others looked confused or surprised.

I felt my face flush red in embarrassment. I really wanted to hide under the chairs, but that would be even more stupid.

Caleb smiled, waving as he stood up. He said something to his parents, then went over to me.

"Hey," he said, smiling. "I didn't know you were also going to Delos."

"I didn't know you were going either until I saw you," I said to him. Then I glanced at Nina, giving her a slightly annoyed look. "I'm sorry for my friend, Nina, who doesn't know how to be discreet sometimes."

"I was just trying to help," Nina said, shrugging as she laughed. "It looks like I succeeded."

I rolled my eyes, then looked at Caleb, who was chuckling. "What did your parents think? They looked weirded out and confused." I laughed.