Chapter 9

{Song in video: Jai Wolf feat. Chelsea Jade - Lost}

During the next few days, I was still feeling jet-lagged, so I just took it easy, and watched shows on Netflix and YouTube makeup tutorials while my mom went to work.

Over the past few days, I uploaded a lot of the pictures I took in Greece onto social media since I wasn't able to post them while over there.

My friends also posted pictures over the past few days of us in Greece.

I was getting ready to cook fettuccine alfredo pasta for lunch, then suddenly I heard the door bell ring.

I went to the door to open it, and gasped in shock. My ex-boyfriend, Manuel, was standing outside of the door.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered, not really in the mood to see him.

"Look, I know I'm the last person you want to see, but I just have something to tell you," Manuel said, fidgeting with the two strings on his hoodie.

"Fine, make it quick." I sighed, resisting to roll my eyes.

"I went to rehab over the summer, and I quit drinking. I realized I had a bad problem with it. You helped me to get help, and I just wanted to let you know that. Thank you."

I stood there, blinking, not knowing what to say for about fifteen seconds. Did he really get help? Is he lying? Why is he telling me this?

"I know you don't believe me, but you can even ask my mom and my friends. I went to rehab, and have been sober ever since."

"I admit, it is hard to believe." I nodded. "But if you really did get help, then I'm glad you did."

"Thanks." He scratched his head awkwardly. "If you don't mind me asking, did you want to get some frozen yogurt with me? I can tell you more about what happened in rehab."

I gave him a suspicious look. "Why do you want to get frozen yogurt with me? We're broken up, Manuel."

He sighed, looking around nervously. "Look, I just wanted to talk. We don't have to get frozen yogurt or even talk today if you don't want to since you just got back from vacation a few days ago. Will you at least just think about hearing me out?"

I paused for a few seconds, sighing as I slowly nodded my head. "Fine."

"Thanks." He let out a sigh of relief. "Enjoy the rest of your summer." He waved as he closed the door.

What was up with that? I went back over to the kitchen, and resumed making fettuccine alfredo pasta.

After I was done making the pasta, I went on my cell phone so I could FaceTime my friends to tell them what happened. When I called them on FaceTime, Nina and Sadie picked up, but Savannah didn't.

"Hey, looks like you're bored already," Nina said as she grinned cheerfully.

"What's up?" Sadie said as she ate spaghetti.

"Guess who came at my door," I said, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Caleb!" Nina shrieked excitedly.

I shook my head. "No, I wish."

Sadie paused, looking at the left corner as she was thinking. "Wait, don't tell me it's-" She started saying until she got interrupted.

"Manuel!" Nina exclaimed.

I nodded my head. "Yeah," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"The tea is about to be spilled." She laughed. "Wait, let me guess, he wants to get back together with you."