Chapter 22

{Song in video: Lauv - I Like Me Better}

Each day that passed by, things were getting easier to deal with. Sometimes, I would still get in a bad headspace, but whenever I hung out with my friends, Caleb specifically, I would temporarily forget about what had happened, and would be so happy. I also did want to tell Caleb how I feel, but I wasn't ready to do that at this moment.

When I went into school today, my friends seemed a little different. It wasn't a bad type of different, more like a weird and funny kind of different.

Savannah and Sadie would keep glancing at Caleb and I, and they would giggle, and nudge him. Caleb looked a little embarrassed sometimes, and then they would try to stop.

When the bell rang for lunch, I went to my locker, and Caleb, Savannah, and Sadie were already waiting on me. I have gotten out of the classroom later because I had a question about an assignment.

When I walked closer, Sadie and Savannah were poking Caleb, giggling. He gave them a look.

I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion, laughing along with them. "What's going on?" I asked them.

"N-nothing," Caleb quickly replied, scratching his head.

Savannah and Sadie gave him a look that said otherwise.

"I'm going to get my lunch," I said, still confused about their behavior. They probably watched a funny video or something. I started walking towards the cafeteria.

"Wait," Caleb said, which caused me to stop, and turn around. "I was actually wondering if you wanted to get some food, and go by RedBox to rent some 80's movies."

I blinked in surprise, grinning. "Sure, that sounds great."

"Great." He grinned back, sighing of relief. Then, we walked outside of the school to his car.

We went by Chipotle first to get some burrito bowls, and then went to the RedBox outside of CVS Pharmacy. "Which movies should we rent? I was thinking we could watch them after school at my place, if you want," he suggested, glancing at me.

"I love 80's movies. That sounds great," I said, smiling. "How about "Pretty In Pink", "Sixteen Candles", and "The Breakfast Club?" I raised my eyebrows as I looked at him.

"Ah, Molly Ringwald movies. Those are classics, and great choices." He smiled as he paid to rent the movies.

We got back in the car, and then drove back to the school. As we walked back into school with our food, we passed by Manuel and Nina, who looked over at us. I rolled my eyes, ignoring them.

We sat down with Sadie and Savannah at our table. They had a grin on their faces.

I glanced at them, giving them a confused look. "You two are unusually cheerful," I remarked, laughing.

They glanced at each other, giggling. "Who us? I don't know what you mean," Sadie said as she giggled.

Caleb gave them a look, sighing. "Yeah, they're being weird today," he said.

"Hey, we're not weird," Savannah said, still giggling. "We're just waiting for something to happen."

I felt even more confused as I continued eating. "What?"

Caleb quickly got a folder out of his bag. "So math was boring as usual," he said, randomly changing the subject.

"But not chemistry," Sadie teased, which caused Savannah to double over laughing. "Speaking of, Savannah, we need to go to the library to work on that paper."