Chapter 11

{Character in picture: Gavin Leatherwood as Nate Bennett}

{Song in video: Mark Ronson ft. Camila Cabello - Find U Again}

It was officially a few days before school started back up, but I still haven't heard from Caleb. It did make me feel a little sad, but it was just a summer fling, and that was just what it meant to be.

What if something happened to him? Maybe he's busy? Should I message him first? Maybe I should possibly get back together with Manuel since I won't see Caleb ever again anyways?

All of these thoughts were swirling in my head until Nina exclaimed as she swam towards me in her screened in pool, "Hello? Earth to Tinsley?"

I blinked back into reality. "Yeah?" I responded, sitting on the pool steps.

"I was wondering if I should change my bikini. I'm thinking of inviting some of the guys over." She grinned. "My mom won't be back until tomorrow."

"You look fine, Nina. Relax," Sadie said as she laid on the blue float. "And do we really need to have obnoxious guys to ruin the vibe?"

She rolled her eyes. "I don't mean the stupid ones. I know the cutest and most mature guys."

"Your bikini looks fine," I said, giving her a smile.

"Thank you, chica." She grinned again. "I know just what to do now."

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"You'll see." She got up from the pool, and sat on one of the chairs, texting on her cell phone.

Savannah opened the glass doors, and sat by the edge of the pool with a plate of a sandwich and potato chips. "What did I miss?" She asked as she took a bite of her sandwich.

I swam where she was at. "Nina is inviting guys over," I answered.

"Oh...nice..." She was still smiling, but I could tell she was trying to be nice about it even though I knew she didn't want that to happen.

I preferred if no guys were invited since it seemed more fun with just us, but it was Nina's house, and she has done this dozens of times, so I just got used to that happening. Normally, it went by awkwardly since the guys would usually try flirting with us too. Sadie had no problem speaking up, but Savannah and I just normally awkwardly laughed whenever they would do that.

Nina walked over back to us. "Okay, so the guys will be coming here in like an hour. I'm going to use Spotify and connect my phone to Bluetooth. I may change in the meantime, but I'm not sure yet," she said, then went back inside of her house.

Sadie groaned, seeming annoyed. "She always has to have guys intrude on our plans, and it's getting tiring," she muttered. "I would leave, but I'm not going to leave you two to deal with a bunch of prowling teenage guys to flirt with you all."

"We better hide some of the snacks before they eat all of it," Savannah suggested. "I'm okay as long as they don't eat all of the food."

"Let them eat Nina's food. If they end up eating all of the food, we can tell Nina to order pizza or something." She shrugged.

I laughed at them talking about the food. "This food talk is making me hungry, I'll go inside to get something," I said, putting my shorts and shirt over my bikini, then I walked inside of Nina's house.

Nina's house, technically a mansion, is a beautiful and fancy place with three stories. The living room had a few tables made out of glass, a few expensive soft couches, and a fireplace. The basement was a movie and T.V. show room, which also had a few pool tables, an air hockey table, and video games. She didn't play much video games, but only did when she had guys over.