Chapter 23

{Song in video: Skylar Stecker - How Did We}

The next day at school, Caleb and I decided to just make it official. As soon as we walked in the school, we held hands, and walked over to my locker. Savannah squealed, and Sadie grinned as we walked over to them.

"I called it!" Savannah exclaimed gleefully, practically cheering. "You two are so cute."

"Just like in Greece," Sadie said, grinning.

When the bell rang, Caleb pulled me close, and we kissed each other. "Just like the 80's movies," he said to me, smiling.

"Like the 80's," I said, smiling back. "Without the weird hair." We laughed.

As we started walking down the hallway, my arm lining his, I saw Manuel standing there, just staring at us with a straight face. Nina was standing next to him, talking, but he seemed as if he wasn't listening to her. I looked away quickly, ignoring him, continuing to walk past them.

When the next bell rang in between our first and second period, Caleb and I briefly walked in the hallway together. When were about to walk by the janitor's closet, Caleb pulled me in, opening the door, and then closing it behind us. I giggled as I was taken by surprise.

"We have at least two minutes in here together," Caleb said in a quieter voice, hugging me.

"Less if you keep talking," I teased, pulling him closer, then kissing him.

When we were enjoying our little makeout session for about thirty seconds, the door suddenly opened. We quickly stopped, thinking it was the janitor or a teacher, but it was Manuel and Nina.

The four of us gave each other a surprised look, not knowing what to say.

"Great, now this place is tainted," I mumbled, feeling awkward as I walked out of there. I definitely didn't want to kiss Caleb in a place where Manuel and Nina have kissed, or even more.

Caleb sighed as he walked out, following me. "Are you okay?" He asked me, looking confused.

I nodded my head, still feeling weird about what had happened. "Yeah, it's just that I didn't expect that." I felt bad for Caleb because I didn't want him to think I was still sad about Manuel and Nina, because it wasn't that, it was just that that had came out of nowhere, and I didn't expect that at all.

"I understand that." He glanced around. "I'll see you at lunch, okay?" He gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

I smiled. "I'll see you then."

Suddenly, the announcements came on, saying, "Attention all juniors and seniors, please report to the auditorium for a school assembly. I repeat, attention all junior and seniors, please report for a school assembly."

Caleb and I gave each other a confused look, shrugging, and then walking together holding hands as we went over there. Normally, they told us ahead of time when we would have our assemblies, but they didn't this time.

The auditorium was crowding with juniors and seniors trying to see where they wanted to sit. At that point, a few teachers were telling some of them where to sit, just so they could get them out of the way.

To our dismay, one of the teachers made Manuel and Nina sit next to us, since there wasn't another two spots in the row available. Thankfully, Caleb swapped seats with me so at least I didn't have to sit right next to them.

I rolled my eyes, and leaned my head on Caleb's shoulder as I was holding his hand. Manuel glanced at us off and on with an unreadable expression on his face. Nina kept eyeing him, looking annoyed.