Chapter 25

{Song in video: Fitz And The Tantrums - HandClap}

I had gotten Savannah, Sadie, and Caleb together to do some prom shopping at the mall. Caleb and I were waiting by the entrance. Sadie and Savannah were going to be here any minute.

"I'm only coming here because it's fun being around you all," Sadie said as her and Savannah walked inside.

Savannah grinned, giving her a hug. "I'm glad," she squealed to her. "I know you're going to find a beautiful dress."

She gave her a look, and we laughed. "Can we at least also go to the arcade when we're here? I'm going to get bored just looking at clothes." She had a whiny tone in her voice.

"Yes, we definitely can," Caleb said, grinning. He turned to me with a curious look. "Does the mall arcade have Space Invaders?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure," I replied. "But I definitely want to find a prom dress.

The only dresses I had in my closet were either casual or slightly dressy, but not formal. I had only been to a handful of weddings of my mom's friends, but I was a kid, so those dresses obviously didn't fit anymore.

Caleb held my hand. "Alright, let's find those dresses," he said aloud, which made a few random guys that passed by us give him weird looks. He turned to us, having a straight facial expression. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that outloud."

Sadie raised her eyebrows, having a smug smile. "I mean, you can wear one if you want Caleb. We won't judge," she said to him.

He shook his head. "I'd rather not."

I burst out laughing. "Well, you can help us pick our dresses instead," I said to him gleefully as I linked arms with him as we walked toward Dillard's.

"Sounds like fun." He gave me a forced smile, which made me laugh even more.

"We'll help you with suits, how about that?" Sadie told him.

"It's a deal." He nodded his head in approval.

When we got to Dillard's, we went to the prom dresses section, which there were a lot.

"I don't know which one to try on first," Savannah said, looking around at all of the dresses. "Maybe something pink or tan."

Sadie looked at a few orange dresses, and then took a few to the fitting room.

I looked at a pink dress, red dress, and indigo blue dress. I figured I would try on all three since I didn't know what color I wanted exactly. I also went into the fitting room to try them on.

Caleb sat on a chair outside of the fitting room, scrolling on his phone as he was waiting.

"What do you think?" I asked Caleb as I walked out, doing a spin in the indigo blue dress.

"I think it looks nice," Caleb answered, smiling.

Then, Sadie came out of the dressing room. She looked at me, saying, "I kind of like the dress, Tinsley. I want to see what the other ones look like."

Savannah went into the fitting room with ten different types of dresses that were either pink or tan. "You look great!" She exclaimed to me, grinning.

"I'll try on the other ones," I said with a smile. I went back into the fitting room, and tried on the pink dress.

When I came out, Caleb looked over at me, his mouth dropping open in awe. "That looks beautiful on you. You look great in that color," he said.

I looked in the mirror, feeling great about this one.