Chapter 8

{Character in picture: Marisol Nichols as Maria Herrera}

{Song in video: Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love}

I woke up the next morning, sighing. This was going to be the last time I'll get to see Caleb.

Nina's mom, my friends, and I got dressed, then got ready.

As we were walking out of the door to get breakfast, I saw Caleb standing in the hallway, already dressed, and having a smile on his face. "Hey," he said to me softly.

"Hey," I said to him, giving him a smile as I hugged him. "We were just about to get breakfast. Do you want to come?"

"Of course. I never pass down breakfast." He chuckled.

We held hands as we walked to the restaurant across the street.

We were one of the only ones there, with the exception of about five workers, and three customers.

All of us decided to order breakfast wraps, which had scrambled eggs, spinach, and cheese in it, and we also ordered pancakes. We got it in a to-go bag so we could go to the beach briefly for the last time.

When we got to the beach, we went over to the nearest table.

"I'm going to miss this ocean," I said, sighing as I took a bite of my pancake.

"You have an ocean back home," Caleb said, chuckling.

"Yeah, but it won't be the same."

"I know. I get what you mean." He nodded. "Greece's beaches are amazing."

We continued to eat our breakfast until we were done. We took a picture by the beach for the last time.

"Girls, do you all have your passports and everything packed?" Nina's mom asked us.

"Yes," Nina answered, nodding her head.

"Good." She nodded. "We're going to have to get to the airport soon, but first, let's make sure we have everything."

We stood up from the table, and I sighed, turning to Caleb. "Can you come back to the hotel with us, and help me make sure I have everything?" I asked him, knowing I just wanted to have Caleb around as long as I could.

"Of course," Caleb said, nodding as we started walking back to the hotel.

I felt a sense of sadness as we walked into the room, which was probably for the last time.

"We'll be leaving in half an hour," Nina's mom reminded us.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Caleb asked as I zipped up my luggage.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I made sure to triple check everything," I said.

Caleb let out a sigh. "So...I guess you will be leaving in a few minutes."

"Yeah..." I let out a sigh, glancing down at the floor. "I wish I could extend my stay."

"I wish you could too." He glanced at the floor, and looked back at me. "I promise as soon as I get back to the U.S., I will contact you, which should be in a few weeks, maybe less."

"I'll be looking forward to hearing from you." I managed to smile. "I'll never have another great summer like this."

"Me either." He chuckled softly, putting his hands around my waist, and then kissing me. "We could always FaceTime or Skype each other too."

"Yes, of course." I nodded.

Everyone else grabbed their bags and luggages and suitcases.

"I guess this is it," Caleb said, looking like he held his breath for a bit.