Chapter 3: Who?

Elena's P.O.V
I turn around and stare off into the distance behind to see what caused that noise, but there is nothing. Perhaps it was just a squirrel, but then a swift moving noise goes off nearby and my heart races at an endless velocity that I begin panting and trip over a trunk around the memorial tree, suddenly everything is silent.

Seeing the fear that this place is causing me I leap onto my feet and traverse the ground at quick speed, doing everything in my power to get out of here and back to my car. After running for a few minutes I collapse onto my chest and feel the danger I'm in; whatever it is within sight of me. As I shut my eyes and back up against a tree I hear footsteps approaching me, there's nothing I can do now; my friends are nowhere near, I'm all alone. All I can do is just let it come.

I scream as I am picked up by my top and hurled onto the ground landing with a hard thud as my skin gets scraped, blood starts to trickle off of my lip and my clothes are smeared with dirt and wet leaves, my eyes open a little and I see a mysteriously dark figure moves forward towards me, I can't move or bear to look anymore is this it? "Stefan, Damon I love you." I whisper silently as another swift noise catches my ears.

I'm alive. But how? Or am I dead? No I have to be alive or else I wouldn't still be able to feel the soft wet grass or scattered leaves all around me. As my eyes open my view is blurry and I see a tall figure donned in a suit and the dark figure lying unconscious right next to him. I get up and blink a few times to get my vision back in tact, before I can see who the tall suited figure is pain starts throbbing in my legs and arms and my stomach, I clutch my stomach and begin to collapse and I stop once I'm on my knees as I am being supported by a warm arm.

"Elena, it's all right I'm here you're going to be ok."

A voice says very softly to me, it's a vampire as I see him bite his wrist and offer his blood to me; I drink it slowly and my body begins to reawaken all at once. When I stop the arms help me rise back to my feet and I look into the eyes of the man who saved me and I recognise him in an instant:

"Elijah."