Chapter 19: Hope

Bonnie's P.O.V

Grams, Anja and I have reached the cemetery, I hope we're not too late.

"Grams, something's wrong..." I am gasping for breath, my body is getting weaker, are we too late?

"Bonnie, what's happening?" Grams is worried.

"Cassia must've started the ritual, I can stop it but I need the necklace to use my full power." Anja says.

Grams supports me with her hand wrapped behind my back, will we make it in time?

As we near the edge of the area where the ritual is taking place I see my friends trapped and the rest of the doppelgängers.

Elena is standing nearby, I call out to her softly.

"Bonnie? Miss Sheila? what happened?"

"There's no time to explain, I need you to get the necklace from Cassia and bring it to us." I tell her.

Elena looks back at Elijah and our friends, they are unconscious and dying.

"I'll try, but why do you need it?" Elena asks.

"Not them, me." Anja tells Elena.

Elena is shocked at the sight of Anja, she looks back at me and Grans, she realises that Anja is perhaps our chance at ending this. She refuses to ignore her task and makes her way toward Cassia, she has to succeed.

*****

Elena's P.O.V

I find the necklace lying on the ground, Cassia stands only a few inches from it. I grab the necklace, Cassia fails to notice and I run back to Bonnie.

Along the way Finn grabs me and pulls me tight, Cassia comes forward and holds out her hand, begging for the necklace. Bonnie isn't far, she holds up her hand asking me to throw her the necklace.

"Bonnie, catch!" I call out.

The necklace is sent flying in her direction, she catches it and runs away as fast as she can.

"What are you up to?" Cassia asks.

I give no reply and instead only look at her with eyes of anger.

"Well, no matter it's too late I have all of the Petrova doppelgängers, nothing can stop me."

"I'm afraid you don't have them all, Cassia." a voice tells Cassia in the distance.

"Who are you?" Cassia asks.

"Cassia, it's me your mother." Anja replies whilst removing her hood to Cassia.

"Mother?" Cassia asks shocked and ignoring her.

"Look at me!" Anja orders.

Cassia looks scared but looks into her mothers eyes.

"How is this possible? I thought that my sister was the originator of the Petrova bloodline."

"She was, but I was the one who made her existence possible. You see I Anja, your mother am the true originator of the Petrova bloodline."

"Why have you come? are you here to stop me?"

"You never told them did you?"

Everyone looks puzzled, I can't believe what I'm hearing or am about to.

"Never told us what?" I ask.

"If Cassia completes the ritual, then not only will she eliminate all supernatural beings but she will also end every living persons life that lives to this day, whether they are supernatural or not."

After everything that I've been through, everything that I have faced this is by far the one that I hoped I'd never see coming: I would be used to end all of life as we know it, I can't be part of that, what could this all mean for me?