Chapter 21: A New Beginning

Elena's P.O.V
So much has changed, change can sometimes be good or bad. To me the choices in life can be the main factors of change, and now I have so many choices to make.

My friends and Elijah are all weak and blood thirsty, Matt, Jeremy and Bonnie are supplying them with some of their blood: Matt has helped Rebekah and she offers him her blood to heal his wound, Caroline, Tyler and Klaus have all been rehydrated by Jeremy and Bonnie, Elijah is the only one left.
I kneel down to Elijah, cut my wrist with the knife in my hand and move his head closer so that he can feed from me, just like Stefan and Damon both once did to me.

My blood restarts his body, but he's only taken a little and I am unharmed: he can control it.

"Elijah, it's me, I'm here." I tell him as he's recovering.

Elijah stares at the wound on my wrist, he looks scared for what he's done.

"I'm fine, you didn't hurt me."

Elijah looks me in the eyes, his eyes look like crystals from the tears edging themselves in.

All of a sudden the stinging pain from the wounds on my hand and wrist have disappeared, somehow I have healed without vampire blood, but how?
Regardless of anything else I throw myself against him, hold him tight and breathe softly to retain the feeling of joy I'm having.

We both stand up and I remember what Cassia said about the baby not being Elijah's, did he hear? It doesn't matter, I know it's his.

"Is the baby safe?" he asks me.

"Yes, no harm will come to it, ever."
I kiss Elijah, feeling passion and comfort and he kisses me back the same way.
*****
Caroline's P.O.V
With everything back to how it was and my body restored I hold my eyes on Klaus, he's standing alone, I have to speak to him.

When I'm standing right behind him I hold him and press myself against his back, trying not to lose him.

"You haven't said a word since I told you. Whatever you may think, it's the best choice I've ever made and I won't regret any second of it."

Klaus doesn't say a word, I can't let him go not if it means losing him... Not again.

"Please, say something, you can yell if you want, but please speak to me."

Again he gives no reply but I can feel him turning round, I let go of him and i see what looks like the residue of a tear on his face, is this really him? He's always had something to say, except for when I accept his offer to go with him.
His hand makes its way through my hair, he looks at me as though I've terrified him, he throws himself against me as our lips are pressed together, I realise that I have helped him find his humanity and the real him.

"Where to first? London, Paris, somewhere that I can show you where love is a vampires greatest strength, or my greatest strength?"

"Anywhere and everywhere." I reply, I can hardly wait.
*****
Rebekah's P.O.V
Mystic Falls has changed a lot, but I can still see what my home was like a thousand years ago: I can see my family, together, happy and whole.

"You okay?" Matt asks from behind.
When I turn to face him I immediately hold him close to me, I thought I'd lost him for sure.

"I'll take that as a yes." he says and chuckles a little.

"I'm just glad to have you here."
Matt smiles at me, I smile back.

"With you and me, Elena and Elijah and Nik and Caroline, I don't know just, everything's perfect. I finally fell like I have a family."

Matt kisses me, tears are running down me, I wish they would flow endlessly as this is something I don't ever want to forget.
*****
Bonnie's P.O.V
Grams and I wait nearby Anja, this is goodbye, but not farewell.

"You have done a spectacularly noble thing, I have no words to express my feelings."

"You don't have to..." Grams interrupts me before I can continue.

"But, since this will be goodbye, for now I will tell you."

"I'm listening."

"From the day that you were born, Bonnie Sheila Bennett, not a moment has passed that I haven't had the honour of watching my beloved granddaughter grow into the wonderful person that you have become. You have my name, with it you'll always have a part of me with you, and I know that you'll always do what's right."

"Grams..." I reply without another word to say.

She hugs me tight and I can feel her leaving and returning to peace.

"The last thing I have to say is just know that no matter where you go or whatever you do, I will always love you."

Now we are apart, again, but she told me exactly what I needed to hear, and now I have my friends and my life to live.

Jeremy takes hold of my hand, as a tear leaves my left eye, I kiss him feeling full of sentimentality and he laughs after we break apart.

"What was that all about?"

"Just wanted to make a bright start in my fresh new start." I say feeling unhinged.