Chapter 28: It's Time

Elena's P.O.V
My phone rings. It's Stefan, he and Damon are awake. How can I talk to either of them now?

"Elena, are you ok?!" I answer to Stefan sounding frantic.

"Stefan, you don't have to worry I'm fine." I reply.

"So, you're with Elijah huh?"

"Yes. I'm going away with him for a while, he's the one I'm with now."

"Are you leaving because of the baby?" Stefan asks sounding like a know-it-all.

"What?"

"Bonnie let it slip, Damon doesn't know yet so uh waiting for an answer."

"Look Stefan please don't tell Damon, I'll be back when it's ready to be born and I really don't want to talk about it."

"I promise."

'Thank goodness' I knew that Stefan would come through for me like always.

"I will come back, tell Damon that, please respect my decision."

Stefan is quiet, has he hung up, no the connections still running.

"I understand. You deserve to be happy, be safe."

"Thank you. I will, goodbye."

The connection is gone, I'm free from them both, I can start the next part of my life.

It's time.
*****
Elijah's P.O.V
"Everything's packed."

Elijah comes to me from the back of the car, he sees me put my phone away.

"Everything all right."

"Stefan called, he and Damon are awake, Stefan knows about the baby, Damon doesn't."

I don't say a word, she's worried, I know it.

"Stefan's happy for me, Damon in the other hand will need more convincing."

I take hold of her empty hand, even without words I can communicate with her.

"None of that matters though now, it's you and me and the baby. Then when it's born it'll still be us."

"Elena." I interrupt her.

She looks at me scared and speechless.

"There is something else that I have to ask you."

Elena is prepared to hear me out.

"What is it?"

I lean into her ear, whispering four words to her.

Elena kisses me, I kiss her back at the same time, she's happy, so am I and glad for everything that is waiting for us out there.

"Let's go." Elena requests.

We both enter the car, I prepare the engine and in no time at all we are ready to go.

"I don't want to forget any of this, in fact I don't ever want us to be apart because, Elijah I want you to turn me after the baby's born."

"Elena, I thought that you never wanted to be a vampire."

"Until now I realised that if I became immortal again I'd never have to lose any of this, us and whatever will happen."

"First, I want you to have the time of your life the way you are and then if you want me to do it myself then I will."

"That's what I'm asking."

"And then forever, Elena."

"Yes."

Everything is changing, we're both going to get everything we want.

Nows the time.