Chapter 12: The Salvation

Tyler's P.O.V.

They are fleeing off in the distance, but who are they? I chase after them carefully so that they can't hear me.

"I can't believe this failed, mother she resurrected hundreds of supernatural beings and all it took was that doppelgängers necklace to stop it!"

"Finn." I say quietly to myself from overhearing him.

"For now we'll just have to lay low, Cassia will come up with a new plan, I had no idea that the necklace could do that." I hear the blonde woman say.

They were after Elena, but why? I must get back and tell everyone what's going on.

"What do we have here?" A familiar voice says from behind me.

I turn to see a girl that looks exactly like Elena, she raises her hand and softly chants a spell; I lose all feeling in my body, she has taken control of me, I am now her puppet.

"We could use some help, this time failure is not an option." She says as I follow her towards her two evil partners.

*****

Caroline's P.O.V.

"Rebekah, thank you for saving me." I say quite nervously as she looks at me a bit unpleasant.

"You should be thanking Elena, Caroline she's the one that saved us all, except I don't know how."

I look at Elena who is holding onto Elijah, he was stabbed in the back with a stake and is in pain. I look at her happily, she's happy, Klaus was right I should respect Elena's choice.

I turn to face Klaus who has returned from the distance after scouting the area for anything unusual.

"Are you ok, Caroline?"

I thrust my arms around him seeking comfort and joy from the moment of life and death we've just encountered. When I release my arms he looks at me puzzled, as though wondering why I hugged him:

"I'm fine, and you were right, I should respect Elena."

"Thank you, you really are a true friend."

We both smile at each other, the terror has faded and we are all safe; for now.

*****

Matt's P.O.V.

"Has anyone seen Tyler?"

"Last I saw he was leaving the dance." Bonnie explains.

At least everyone's ok, except Tyler but he'll be fine and we'll find him soon.

"Well, that was quite the way to leave a dance wouldn't you say Matt?"

I turn to look at Rebekah, her smart remark humours me and I play along:

"Sure, it was of course the most unexpected way."

"Matt, why don't you and me go look for Tyler?" Jeremy asks.

"No need, he's back." Rebekah says whilst pointing.

Tyler walks toward us, he looks worried but I'm just glad that he's all right.

"Where've you been Ty.?"

"I took a look around the area, there was nothing, no danger."

"Glad to hear it." Bonnie says with a serious expression.

"What's wrong, isn't that good news Bon?" Jeremy asks her.

"I don't think that she's gone for good yet Jer, and who are those two witches helping her?"