Chapter 7

After Alastor moved the body into the bushes, he took a handkerchief out of his pocket and started to wipe off his face and hands. He was in his deer form, looking for his next meal when he heard Luna crying in pain. He ran as fast as he could to get to her. Granted he only got the last part of the conversation between the two of them, but it was obvious that they knew each other. Then Luna screamed. The scream affected him but not as bad as that woman was experiencing. He saw the opal pendant glow brightly and the faint white marks appearing on her body. He was in awe of her until he saw she was about to be killed by that wolf.

When he finished cleaning himself off, he turned towards Luna and found she was still hiding her face. He chuckled to himself as he knelt to look at her more closely. He saw the small amount of blood from the wounds on her arms and became worried. "Luna?" She didn't respond, nor did she move in the slightest. She was afraid to see what Alastor had done to Gwen. Sure, it wasn't the same as when she killed her but still, she didn't want to see what state Gwen's body was in now. "It's alright, you can look now." He said softly as he gently took her wrist and pulled her hand away from her face. She opened her eyes and saw him before her. "Are you alright my dear?" Alastor asked with a slight tone of concern. "I... I think so..." Luna said softly. "I-is she...?" "Yes. She's gone." Alastor replied. "Thank you" she said.

Luna found herself very weak. That scream took a lot more energy than she thought. The next thing she knew, she was being lifted off the ground. She yelped at this sudden action. "A-Alastor! W-what are you-" She was cut off by Alastor who even though still grinning, looked at her with concerned eyes. "That scream of yours has clearly drained your energy." Alastor said. "I-I can walk Alastor." Luna argued. "And I can carry you. Besides, you look like you can barely stand let alone walk my dear." Alastor argued back. "I-I'm going to get blood on your- "she was cut off again as Alastor wiped off the blood on her arms with the same handkerchief he used earlier. "Now you have no excuses my dear." He said with a smirk. Luna knew he was right, so she sighed and kept quiet.

Alastor carried her bridal style as Luna became more and more uncomfortable by the second gripping his jacket as he walked. "Why don't you try to relax my dear. It will be a while before we make it to the hotel." Alastor said to her in a soothing tone. Luna eventually started to loosen the grip she had on his jacket and relaxed a little. She had to admit, being in his embrace was somewhat comforting. She leaned her head against his shoulder and stared at him. She wondered why he had killed Gwen. 'He doesn't even know me. He could have just let me be killed and yet saved me instead. I don't get it.' But then another question came to mind, one she was willing to ask. "Alastor?" "Yes?" he asked. "How did you know I was here in the park?" She asked somewhat nervously. "Well...I was hunting for my dinner when I heard you, crying in pain. I ran towards the sound of your voice and saw that woman about to attack you." He answered honestly.

Luna thought about his answer and found herself confused. 'If he was hunting, then where's his hunting gear?" She thought to herself, from what she remembered about hunting, people wore camouflage as well as have a gun and knife on themselves. She would have asked that question but after listening to Alastor killing Gwen, she felt it was best not to. They got to the middle of the bridge when Alastor stopped and lifted Luna up a little to get a better view of her.

"Miss Luna, why was that wolf attacking you?" This question caused Luna to tense up a bit. She tightened her grip on his jacket while she dug her nails into one of her legs. Flashbacks of Gwen and Ron from her past as well as what had happened today entered her mind. Her body started to shake, her hands clenched even more when she saw those images. She wished he had never asked that question.