Chapter 32 (Valentine's Day Excerpt Only)

(Hello again! This is a Valentine's Day excerpt from the last chapter that I didn't have a chance to include considering how long the chapter had gotten. I hope you enjoy this little bit of writing!)

February 14th was circled on the calendar and Luna could tell it was different this time. Last year, it was all lovey-dovey up until they made love in bed. This year however, Alastor wasn't in bed beside her that morning. She went around looking for him because she knew the deer demon wasn't going hunting that morning. She soon found he was in the library, except, he had locked the door and put up spells to make sure no one got in, much to her surprise. She tried breaking them only to have them stay in place.

"Alastor?... Alastor are you alright?" Luna asked. "Go away Luna... nngh..." he replied in a dark tone. This made her worried, it sounded like he was coming down with something based on how deep his voice was "If you're sick, please let me in so I can help you." She reasoned. "GO AWAY" He ordered. The way he said this frightened and hurt her so she complied and walked away.

Luna then spent the morning making breakfast hoping it'll help him come out to eat at least, but he never came, so she spent breakfast alone in the kitchen. She left a plate of food covered up at the door with a small knock and walked away. Noon came around and Luna found the plate of food untouched, making her sigh and take the food away to take care of. She didn't eat lunch because she was so fraught with worry over Alastor. Luna didn't know what was going on with him and she wanted to help but she didn't know what to do.

Meanwhile, Alastor had curled up in the chaise lounge chair that was in the library, almost clawing at himself. He had been through this phase many times throughout the years he spent in Hell, and it seemed it would be VERY different his time. He'd normally just repress them and go on about his day, but this was much worse than the others. The worst part was that it was on Valentine's Day and instead of being loving and adoring, he was being dark and cold towards his little magnolia. "I'm so sorry... nngh... mon amour..." he said to himself knowing what her reaction to his behavior was going to be.

Later that night, Luna was playing music while Alastor was still in the library, laying down on a chaise lounge chair. It had actually become a nightly ritual for Luna to play a song or two before bed a while ago and when Alastor found out about it, he supported it by listening to her play. Alastor would sometimes play for her but most of the time she played for him, not that she minded. This night however, she was just playing to keep her sanity intact.

All day long, she couldn't get Alastor to come out of the library and every response she received was dark and cold. She could tell that whatever he was going through, he was really suffering. She really wanted to do something special for him like she did last year, but now, Valentine's Day was close to being over. She soon accepted that it was just going to be like all the other times she didn't celebrate. "Happy Valentine's Day..." She said sadly to herself.

Luna was close to finishing the second song when she noticed her deer demon's shadow appear from under the library door. 'At least he wasn't affected with whatever's going on...' She thought. The shadow came around and showed love to her own shadow who was sad alongside Luna but was now happy seeing the deer demon's shadow again. Then, a thought came to mind and she walked over to the shadows. "Do you know what's going on with your master?" The shadow nodded making her hopeful. "What is it?"

He motioned for her to wait and went off before coming back a few minutes later with 2 dolls that weren't filled with voodoo. "Voodoo dolls??" She asked, confused with her shadow looking on. He then tried to show her what was going on to Alastor using the dolls and his own expressions. After some time, everything clicked.