Chapter 33 (Part 1)

(Hello all! I'm so sorry this came out really late. With everything that's been going on in the world, my writing had to be put on hold for a while. I knew I wanted to get this out soon and I finally did it. I hope it was worth the wait. Enjoy!)

A few days later, late into the afternoon, Luna sat in the attic after reading up on her spells and rituals most of the day. She'd been preparing for her fight against her father for so long and now the time seems to be upon her since her fight with Delphine LaLaurie. However, Luna had experienced more anxiety, hallucinations, and nightmares after that. She was trying to think of what she needed for her ritual as Alma slithered and wrapped around her familiar. "I have the items needed for Papa Legba... so what in the nine circles am I missing??"

Luna sighed after giving up on figuring it out. She set everything up and performed the ritual as she had done many times before, except she wasn't sure if he would appear this time. "Papa Legba, I know you said you would see me again before the battle... but if it's not now, I'll understand. Whatever happens to me, thank you for everything that you have taught and given me since you met me. I can never properly thank you but I'd hug you if I could." "There is no need for that," Legba said in her mind. "I will see you very soon." The offerings and his voice went away, ending the ritual.

Alastor walked to the door of the attic and his voice called up from the doorway "Luna, are you up here mon amour??". "Oui mon chevreuil" Luna replied, to which she felt the deer's strong presence behind her immediately after. "Come along now, off to the bathtub. You have been practicing your magic all day, and I will NOT take no for an answer." He said lifting her up bridal style and teleported to the master bathroom where her nightgown, robe, and hot bath were waiting. "After your bath, supper will be ready." "Alastor, I said I would cook supper tonight," Luna said in response knowing it was her turn. He set her down and kissed on her cheek. "I know mon amour, but you need to rest. Besides, I'm in the cooking mood tonight."

Once he left the room, Alma nuzzled her familiar before slipping away for the evening. Luna slipped out of her clothes and into the tub that was filled with lavender oil and black rose petals. She sighed and tried to relax in the tub enjoying the heat on her skin. Luna's shadow took care of the clothes, putting them in the laundry bin as both of them could hear Alastor singing as he cooked supper down in the kitchen, but the visions and thoughts of Ron were ruining the moment, 'When will these visions go away?...' After 30 minutes, the water got cold so she drained the tub and cleaned the rose petals out, saving them in a box. She then dried off, her shadow put her nightgown and robe on, and then she stepped out of the bathroom to see Alastor's shadow there to greet them and escort them downstairs.

She walked down the stairs and into the dining room where Alastor was plating up their supper. "Prime rib?" "Made with venison!" The deer exclaimed, happy to serve the meal. "Of course mon chevreuli, it wouldn't be a supper made by you without venison." Luna said as she kissed his cheek. He chuckled while she walked to the kitchen to gather the hard liquor and soda for themselves and came back with glasses in hand. He pulled out her chair having her sit first, and she poured their drinks when he sat down.

The meal was delicious as always but there wasn't much in the way of small talk like there usually was. Alastor would try to start a conversation but he only received one-worded answers in response from his little magnolia. She kept pretty quiet as she had done the past few days, concerning the deer demon a great deal. He knew the upcoming battle between her and Ron weighed heavily on her mind but he didn't know how bad it was getting. That was until a loud terrified scream came from Luna, followed by her falling out of her chair, with her breathing very shallow, shaking in fear with tears in her eyes and her body glowing brightly as Alma had slithered back to help her.

 "Luna! What's wrong mon amour?" He asked running to her aid, but she panicked and used her vines to block herself. "STAY AWAY FROM ME!" "Luna, it's me. Ron's not here. You're safe." Alastor said, trying to calm her down. "NO! GET AWAY!" Luna cried as her vines wrapped around Alastor in a tight grip. He soon felt pain going into his body when her magic surged from her vines. Seeing the look in her glowing eyes, he knew she was not seeing him but of Ron trying to attack her and she was trying to stop him, even her shadow was in full panic "I WON'T BE HURT BY YOU AGAIN!" She cried out.

Then in one swift motion, half of Alastor's full power surged through him and into Luna's vines, making her scream in pain this time and allowing him to be free once more. The surge in power made her body shake as he gingerly picked her up, Luna's eyes were filled with tears as she opened them looking up at Alastor still somewhat in fear. "Breathe darling." He said softly, to which she inhaled and exhaled slowly. "That's it, keep going." He said keeping her close to him and letting her breathe and calm down foreheads pressed together. Alma wrapped herself around the both of them for extra support and eventually, Luna returned to normal-looking exhausted as she looked at Alastor and Alma with guilt-filled eyes.

"I...I-I'm sorry...I-I'm so sorry..." Luna finally said in tears "It's alright...I'm okay. What did you see mon amour?" Alastor asked softly, rubbing her back. "I-I saw...R-Ron coming out from the corner...h-he jumped and loomed over me...H-He had a huge knife...I-I was trying to stop him..." She cried a bit more, "I-I didn't see it was you! I thought you were him! I-" She was shushed by her deer demon making sure she was as close as possible to him "The important thing is that no one was seriously hurt...it's not your fault." Alastor said with his signature grin. "N-Not my fault?? I pushed you away, wrapped you in my vines, and then tried to hurt you with my magic! HOW THE HELL IS THAT NOT MY FAULT?!" Luna cried out covering her face in her hands with the tears rolling down onto the floor. She wasn't aware he teleported them to their room until she was wrapped in a blanket infused with his magic and herbs.

"Luna...I know you well enough by now. I know you haven't been getting enough rest lately. I know you've had horrible anxiety before from personal experience and other reports from our friends, and that this relapse has been really hard on you. And...I know you would NEVER hurt me on purpose. You've been running on barely a few hours of sleep, because of your nightmares and hallucinations like that one. And blaming yourself for something you or anyone else can't control isn't fair to you love." Alastor said in a soothing voice. She sighed and leaned gently against him as he cradled her in his arms with the blanket still wrapped around her along with Alma still with both of them. "Fear can be both powerful and relentless, it's why we use it on our enemies. It's also something that no one can get rid of forever, not even you. However, help won't be too far away when it comes back. As long as I'm around, I'm here for you. No matter what happens, trust me."

 Luna wrapped her arms around both of them in a gentle way "Thank you..." followed by a soft yawn. Alastor snapped his fingers making sure everything was done for the night and that he was dressed for bed before he laid down on the bed with her still in his arms. The boa slithered to her bed in the room and their shadows stayed close to each other as well. "Try to get more sleep mon amour." Alastor said lovingly. Luna looked at him worried "B-But...W-What if I have another nightmare? W-What if I hallucinate and try to attack you again?... I don't want to be near you or Alma if it means you'll get hurt..." "Whether you have another one or not, we will remain by your side no matter what. Now sleep my little magnolia." He says, kissing her deep and loving, before cuddling her with her head on his chest.

Luna yawned again and cuddled him back, feeling her eyes get heavy. "I love you...mon chevreuil" "I love you too mon amour" He purred nuzzling into her hair and relaxing letting the darkness envelop them for the night. The nightmares stayed away, for the time being, allowing her to sleep more peacefully. She knew this wouldn't last forever. She would always have them...until she destroys Ron indefinitely.