Chapter 9

At 9 am, Charlie called everyone in for a staff meeting. Luna was still sleeping in the medical ward, so this was the best time to talk about her. Charlie cleared her throat to get their attention. "Alright everyone, I want to talk about Luna and what she did yesterday. It's obvious there's more to her than we originally thought- "

     "I'll say! That weird glow around her and the way that dumbass dino couldn't move at all, it gave me the creeps!" Husk shouted from behind the bar drinking as usual. "Are you shittin' me?! I've known her the longest and even I've never seen her do anything that fucking awesome!!" Angel yelled back at Husk from the couch.

     Vaggie threw small daggers at the both demons to get them to be quiet. "Baxter, did you know anything about this, or better yet, does she know she has these powers?" Vaggie asked in a suspicious tone. The demon in question shook his head.

     "No Miss Vaggie, I never knew anything about this, and I don't believe she knows she has these abilities." Baxter said honestly. "However, the dinosaur demon would've done much more harm to all of us if she hadn't stepped in to help. I'm sure Miss Niffty can attest to that."

     "YES! I wouldn't even be here right now if she hadn't saved me by that big jerk face!" Niffty exclaimed. "And let's not forget that she helps all of us around this hotel, a whole lot more than what we give her credit for." Baxter said. Husk finally walked over to the others with another beer in his hand and a small grin on his face.

     "I have to admit, she's one hell of a nurse and bar back."

     "Don't forget housekeeper and chef!" Niffty exclaimed.

     Vaggie sighed. "From what I've seen, she seems to make everyone else feel better, even when she feels at her worst."

     "She's like a friend and a little sister to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. Powers or no powers, it's worth having her around here." Angel said receiving unanimous agreement from everyone in the room.

     "Sounds like we all agree that we should stick by her and help her no matter what she's going through." Charlie said happily. "But I'm still concerned for her and what these powers can really do."

     "If I may Miss Charlie..." Alastor said as he walked up towards her. "From what I have observed of Luna, I now know what kind of magic she possesses. She appears to have Louisiana Voodoo and Hoodoo within her, black and white magic. I have seen her use both."

     "And how the fuck would you know that?" Angel said in a snarky tone.

     "When Luna was attacked by that wolf demon, she used her white magic long enough for me to run in and help her." Alastor replied looking back at Angel. Everyone looked at each other in shock. They didn't know that she had used magic before last night. "Believe me when I say Miss Charlie, she's not aware that she has them." Alastor continued.

     "So, what are we supposed to do Alastor? If she's not aware that she has them, then how are we supposed to help her?" Vaggie asked with frustration.

     Charlie looked at the clock and saw that it was past 9:30 am. "We'll discuss this later, in the meantime, back to work everyone!"

     All but Charlie, Vaggie, Alastor and Baxter remained where they were. "Miss Charlie, Miss Vaggie and Mr. Alastor, may I have a word with the three of you?"

     "Can this wait till later Baxter?" Vaggie groaned. "I don't think it can wait Miss Vaggie." Baxter insisted. "O-Okay Baxter, what is it?" Charlie asked. Baxter motioned the three of them to follow him back to his office. He quietly closed the door behind him once everyone got inside and sat down on the couch or in one of the chairs.