Chapter 19

Soon the weather in Hell became cooler and about four weeks before Christmas, Lou's landscaping crew came to the hotel and got right to work. The plants Alastor chose were perfect for around the hotel as well as adding more beauty to the courtyard. The renovations to the medical ward were almost finished which was good news for everyone, especially Luna and Baxter. Unfortunately, the landscaping and the renovations had to be done at the same time, which caused a lot of issues for some of the demons. From getting complaints about Angel flirting with them, to having water, gas or electric shut off for various reasons.

The most common complaint was the amount of noise that one or both crews were making. Though she never said a word about it to anyone, Luna couldn't handle the amount of noise and sometimes the anxiety and frustration that came with it throughout the days both crews were there. She understood that there was nothing she could do about it, but there were times that she wished she had a sound barrier to block the noise at least around everyone's ears, but there was no such spell for that. So, the only solution in Luna's mind was to go into the woods when she had the free time and work on her magic.

A while back, she found another large willow tree, away from all the demons and the noise, and it was the perfect spot to conduct her rituals, cast her spells, even create some potions. She was making different potions that helped demons with love, illness, sexuality, success, etc., and with Molly's full support and help, Luna was able to sell them at a decent price in a couple of areas where Molly worked. She always tried to give Molly part of the profits from selling her potions and Molly would always refuse saying that she's just being a good friend.

Instead of working on magic however, she just wanted some peace and quiet. She sat down, leaned against the trunk of the willow tree, closed her eyes and meditated. She found this somewhat helpful whenever she was alone, and this gave her time to think about what to give for Christmas presents. For her first Christmas in Hell, she made southern desserts for everyone since she didn't have much money and it turned out to be a huge hit, so the tradition stuck. Every Christmas since, she'd do her best at making as much as she could to satisfy everyone's sugar craving, and this year she would have to make more than usual.

There was one thing that she felt unsure on. While the desserts would be perfect for her friends, Alastor wasn't big on them. He'd enjoy whatever she made but over time Luna noticed that he didn't eat very many sweets. She wasn't sure what would be a good gift for him. He had enough money to buy whatever he wanted, so it was going to be hard to think of a good present.

That's when she recalled a conversation she had a while back. The demons had discussed about what favorite toy or game they had received as a present when they were kids. Alastor wasn't there when they talked about this, so they never learned what his favorite toy was. She thought maybe a toy from his childhood would be a meaningful gift for him, but she didn't know what toys he would have had back in his day. She sighed unsure of what to do.

Luna was so deep in thought that she didn't even hear someone coming up from behind her. Alastor was in his deer form coming back from his afternoon hunt, and at about half a mile or so away from the willow tree, he caught Luna's scent in the air. This made him smile widely so he walked to the willow tree and found her meditating.

He knew about Luna's little hideaway and the reasons why she chose this spot. Not only did this provide a place of her own to practice her magic and improve her skills, but this also gave her the tranquility she needed, away from all demons and noise. In truth, he was envious that she found this place before he did, but even if he found it first, he would have shared it with Luna.