Chapter 26

"Thank you for coming out here with me Miss Niffty, I really appreciate it." Luna said. "I would have come with you no matter what Luna!" Niffty said as she sat in the basket Luna was carrying. Luna had asked Niffty for her help in gathering plants used in her rituals, spells, and potions she made. Some of the plants were in areas too narrow for her to reach on her own, so Niffty was the best person to ask. Luna made sure she and Niffty had their legs and arms covered so they could be protected from bug bites and plants they might brush up against, and in case they got bit or hurt she brought a small bag with a first aid kit inside. "Even so, I'll pay you back for helping me." "I don't need you to pay me back!" Niffty said with a wide smile.

Luna gave her a look of uncertainty, she didn't want Niffty to help her for nothing in return. "Are you sure?" "You bet!" The cyclops said with an even wider smile. "I wanted to see you anyway, so I'm glad you called me! I really missed you, Luna!" Luna replied, "I missed you too Miss Niffty." "Luna, we're friends so you can just call me Niffty!" she said as she climbed out of the basket and onto Luna's shoulder. Luna looked to her and said, "Alright, I missed you too... Niffty." The little cyclops smiled even wider if that was even possible and wrapped her arms around Luna's neck in her version of a big hug, which made Luna smile and giggle at her actions.

The area the girls were headed to was a secluded spot that very few demons knew about. Luna learned about it from Gran Bwa after conducting a ritual and asked for his help in finding some very specific plants. He showed her the spot in her mind and gave her full access to anything she needed. She asked Alastor about the area and he immediately knew where it was, so he showed it to her when they had a day off. He always went with her whenever she needed to go back for more plants but this time, she thought she would be alright going alone with Niffty for an extra set of hands instead of bothering him to come with her.

"Are we there yet?" Niffty asked. "We've been walking a long time." Luna looked to her and smiled "I told you, we're headed to a spot only a few demons know about; me and Alastor included. So it's going to be far from civilization and today, you get to learn about it as well." Niffty smiled widely at the thought of being included in something so secretive. "But remember," Luna continued. "You must never tell anyone about this area, not even to Miss Charlie or Miss Vaggie. Do you understand?" Niffty nodded, understanding how serious Luna was in keeping this area a secret. With this in mind, they continued deep into the wooded area, watching for any animals or other demons they might come across.

The area reminded Luna of Bayou Cypre back home. It was mostly swampland for the most part. However, after a while, they arrived at a lush forest hidden away from the outside world and anyone who would try to destroy its natural beauty. Luna then showed Niffty the best part of the area: a fantastic view of more wooded areas as well as a part of Hell few demons get to see. Despite Hell being the worst place to end up in after death, areas like this one, in a weird way, made up for spending eternity here. After a few minutes taking in the view, Luna said: "Alright Niffty, I have the list of plants we need, so let's get started." "OKAY!!" Niffty exclaimed.

Luna made sure she and Niffty had gloves on before coming into contact with all of the plants they gathered. Most of them were harmless but she wanted to be sure Niffty would be safe. The girls gathered plants, such as Ruda, Angelica Root, ect., wrapped them up in paper and twine and placed them in the basket before going onto the next plant on the list. The more dangerous plants were at the bottom of the list since these to be used for Voodoo and that meant using herbs and roots of dark magic. "Alright Niffty, I'll gather the rest of the plants while you keep a lookout. Shout if you see something that could harm us, okay?" Luna said in a serious tone. "You got it, Luna!" Niffty said with determination.