Chapter 28

The past few weeks went by with Bendy enjoying his new life in the hotel. At first, he was hesitant about staying here, but once he got acquainted with the staff and what the Happy Hotel was all about, he finally felt like he had a family and a place he could call home. He wasn't too fond of the therapy sessions he had to take on the advice of Baxter, but when he almost got thrown out because of his violent mood swings towards Husk while drunk, he realized that he had little choice but to go. Although there were times where he rubbed Vaggie the wrong way and would cause mischief on almost a regular basis, the little devil made friends pretty quickly with Angel and Niffty, especially Niffty, and soon he and the little cyclops began dating.

Luna meanwhile still didn't have a solution to help Bendy be free from his creator, Joey Drew. Every day, he would ask if she had found an answer and she would say "Not yet Bendy.", and every night when she read through the spell books but would come up short. It was frustrating to the little devil darlin' and it was just as frustrating for her to not have any answers. Longer hours at work, Bendy's insistence for a solution, all of these things were added stressors for her anxiety on top of everything else she was dealing with. Although she had coping skills to help with her stress, some unexpected news was about to make things even more stressful and anxiety-ridden.

Luna sat in Baxter's office waiting for the results from her examination with Dr. Eugalp. She had never seen a doctor to check 'down there' while she was alive, even in her teen years since her cycle never started and she never saw one here in Hell for the same reason, but once she had been intimate with Alastor and experienced some strong pain the day after, she asked Baxter if there was a doctor willing to examine her that would be covered by her health insurance. Luckily for her, Baxter knew Dr. Eugalp for a long time and the good doctor agreed to examine her. The only odd thing about the examination was that it took much longer than he had estimated and had asked to do a procedure that was not normally done with that type of exam. But today, she was going to find out if she was alright and had nothing to worry about.

Luna looked out the window, enjoying the scenery when the office door creaked open. She didn't expect Dr. Eugalp to be with Baxter as the two men walked in the room. "Miss Luna, I believe you remember Dr. Eugalp." Luna got off the couch and shook the good doctor's hand. "Yes, how are you sir?" "Fine, just fine Miss Luna, and, how are you?" He asked behind his crow mask. "I am alright, but I am a bit confused as to why you are here sir. I thought you had sent your findings to Mr. Baxter." Luna said with curiosity in her voice as the three of them seated themselves so they can see one another easily, with the men in the chairs and Luna on the couch.

"I have already received Dr. Eugalp's findings, and he is here to discuss them with you." Baxter explained with a hint of sadness, he then gave the floor to the good doctor. "Miss Luna, from what Dr. Baxter has told me, you were physically abused while you were alive and after these times of abuse, you never sought medical help correct?" "Yes sir... I would have been abused even more or been killed by my father and his partner if I saw a doctor for my injuries. In my time, every medical professional is required by law to call the authorities if they suspect abuse or neglect, which was why they threatened me not to seek treatment." Luna explained. "Forgive me doctor, but what does my abuse from when I was alive have to do with what you found?"

She could hear him sigh behind his mask. "What you and my colleague have told me confirms my suspicions as to what I had found Miss Luna. In your examination, I had discovered a moderate amount of scar tissue along the top part of your vaginal walls. I suspect this was why you were in experiencing vulvodynia after your intimate night with your partner the day after Valentine's Day, but the pain should go away the more you do it. Further exploration revealed more scar tissue in significant amounts on the cervix of your uterus. I suspected there was more to find, which was why I asked your permission to have a fiber optic camera entered through the incision on the top part of your pelvic region." The doctor waited to let all of this information sink into Luna's mind. "What I discovered was that not only were there more scar tissue, but your ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus were unrecognizable from all of the abuse you took and from not seeking medical treatment."