Chapter 30 (Part 1)

Not long after the gala, Luna did tell everyone about her infertility and how that was the reason she had been distant with everyone since then. Charlie and Molly were sympathetic while Vaggie, Angel, Husk, and Bendy made plans to bring Ron to her if they ever saw him. Since Alastor and Baxter already knew about it, they remained quiet about it but showed the same sympathy as Charlie and Molly. When Luna said that she and Alastor had marked one another, there was a mix of emotions amongst them for that as well. Luna was happy to have it out in the open and off of her shoulders and Alastor was happy as well.

The only one that acted off about it was Niffty. She was sympathetic about her infertility and was happy about her being marked by the Radio Demon, but for some reason, the little cyclops seemed to be overdoing it a bit compared to everyone else. Ever since that day, she seemed to be by Luna's side more than usual. It was fine at first, but as time went on, her responsibilities seemed to be lacking in performance or become forgotten. Charlie had to pull Niffty aside and give her a warning about it and things went back to normal with everyone keeping an eye on her, for now anyway.

In the meantime, it was business as usual for the medical ward. After another long shift, it was time to call it a day. "Well Miss Luna, it looks like we have taken care of fifty-nine patients today." Baxter stated with a smile. Luna smiled back at him. "Yes, and with no serious injuries, illnesses, or relapses this time. I can only hope it can be the same way tomorrow."

"If only that were possible Miss Luna. I believe Miss Vaggie was going to order in some pizza tonight, shall I order for you again?" Baxter said. Luna nodded her head, "Yes please, extra cheese and pepperoni. I have some tabasco sauce hidden in the kitchen." Baxter nodded remembering how she liked to dash some of that stuff on top of her food once in a while for extra flavor, "Alright, then if you have everything under control here, I'll place in our orders." "I'll make sure the ward is clean for tomorrow. Thank you!" She said as the anglerfish walked out the door.

A few minutes went by before the double doors swung again. "Hey" A rough voice called out. Luna turned and saw Husk standing by the door looking a little nervous. She gave him her friendly smile, "Hello Mr. Husk. Your weekly blood test isn't until next week." "I know that kid, I'm here for a different reason." Husk replied roughly. "Oh, then what can I do for you Mr. Husk?" Luna asked.

"I uh... need to ask for a favor." Husk said lowly. Luna looked at him with confusion and suspicion, "What kind of a favor?" "Meet me at the bar when you're done in here, then we'll talk." He said and walked back out the door.

Luna took the next ten minutes getting everything ready for the next day and after changing out of her work clothes and making sure everything was turned off, she gathered her things and went to the lobby. She saw that Husk was cleaning a glass at the bar while assumingly everyone else was placing their orders for pizza and she knew that Alastor was working late that evening so he wouldn't be here for a while. She went to the bar and got his attention, "Alright Mr. Husk, could you please tell me what your favor is now?" He only nodded and motioned for her to come around the bar.

As she did, he looked around before turning to the shelf of bottles behind them and turned a bottle over to reveal a keyhole. With a flick of a wrist, a key with card symbols on it appeared like magic. Husk smirked with amusement at the look of amazement on Luna's face as he pushed the key into the keyhole, turned it and the shelf moved backward to reveal a secret room. He motioned for her to follow him and she did letting the shelf close back up behind them, not realizing that someone was watching curiously as to what was going on.

The room was actually Husk's casino themed bedroom with a queen-sized bed with playing cards on the duvet, a fully stocked mini-bar with a poker table and roulette wheel on opposite ends of the bar top and a small loveseat couch next to an old radio with the colors of the room mostly in red with some black, gold and white. Only Charlie and Alastor knew about the room but now Luna knew about it. The winged cat motioned for her to have a seat and he went to his bar to grab a drink. Of course he offered a drink to her, but she declined. He opened his bottle of beer and came back to her using his magic to turn on the radio.