Worry Wart Part One

The next day was Friday, yay weekend! I was ready for school. I wanted to tell Dad bye before I go. I had my backpack on. I walked to the lab where he was working.  He looked like he was tinkering with something.

"Dad?-"

I heard a small noise coming from what he was fixing.

"Damn it!" He screamed as he threw his lab tool across the room.

What did I do wrong!? Before I could get in trouble, I ran.

"Fran, what happened!?" Riff asked as he saw me run out of the castle.

I was crying, I hated to see my Dad that angry especially if it was my fault. I stopped crying in time to catch the bus.

As I was getting my lunch, I thought about what happened. My introverted butt overthinks and worries about stuff that's not a big deal. I get stressed easily just like Dad. I only got two friends. Opal and Jess sat by me.

"Hi Fran!"

"Hi," I said quietly.

"Girl, why the long face?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Opal asked in confusion.

"You wanna see guidance about it?" Jess asked.

"I said I'm fine!" I was close to screaming.

I wasn't loud enough for the whole room to hear.

"Fran, calm down."

Opal gave me a pat on the back.

"Tell us what happened?"

"When I talk about these things or even think for a second about it, I get stressed out. I'm an introverted Transylvanian and those don't go good together, ok? Even though where I come from, we accept each other for who we are. I don't wear makeup to blend in, I wear it because it's what I like and plus it's hereditary, my father is a transvestite, he wears makeup and sexy corsets and fishnets. He even applies anti wrinkle cream, he's a male, they're less sensitive than that and he talks like the queen of England! You wanna know what happened?"

"Yes we do!"

"I was gonna say bye to him before I left for school this morning, he was in his lab. I must've startled him, broke his concentration, he broke what he was working on, he threw his tool across the room. I ran away before he even turned around to see me. When he get's mad, he yells loud like thunder, he's a scientist and kinda cuckoo. Knowing what he's capable of when he's in a mood like that."

"He's your father, would he ever take his anger out on you?"

"...No"

"Then you got nothing to worry about if you mean that much to him..or her."

I smiled.

"Opal, he's a he, he just dresses like a girl."

"Can't wait to meet him next weekend though. What's he like outside of that mad science stuff?"

"Well-"

"Think positive things." Jess said.

"He loves singing. His voice is calming to listen to when he used to sing me a lullaby as a small child. Gosh, I miss that."

To get my mind off it, we got to our next class which was PE. Being active is the key in that class. We got permission from the teacher to get the radio out and dance and sing to kick off the weekend. Me and the girls sang a cool song, one of my favorites.

"Woo! Fran, you're a good singer!" One of my classmates said to me.

I smiled at my classmate. When it was about ten minutes left of class, we all sang a cool memorable song.

When that song ended, the bell rang for the next class. I left class happy that moment. Then, it was science class.