News To The Servants

I got off the bus after Eddie's motorcycle pulled into the road. I ran all the way home. I was out of breath by thy time I ran in the castle. I ran to my dad to give him a hug. He laughed.

"Sweetie, you're all out of breath! You ran all the way here."

"Yep."

We walked into the dining room where Magenta had dinner prepared on the table.

"Dinner is prepared Master."

"Thank you Magenta."

We sat down and ate our dinner.

"I have been thinking for a little bit. You three have worked very hard for a long time. I have decided to give you a full day off tomorrow."

Riff's eyes widened, Magenta and Columbia smiled.

"Master, what gave you that idea?" Magenta asked.

"I just felt generous, that's all. After all you've done for me and my daughter, you deserve it. Tell the same to Eddie too."

"Gee, thanks Master!" Columbia said. 

Just then, Eddie walked in.

"Eddie!" Columbia shouted.

She ran to hug him, I was excited to see Eddie too.

"Mind I join you for dinner this evening?"

"By all means Eddie, have a seat."

Eddie sat in between Columbia and me.

"Hey squirt! What's up?"

"Hi Eddie." 

He pat me on the back, he calls me squirt, I like that nickname. Magenta went to get him a plate of food. 

"Eddie, I was just telling Riff Raff, Magenta, and Columbia that they can have the whole day off tomorrow. You're my delivery boy, so can you."

"Aw thanks Dr. Furter. Spend more time with my girl."

"Well, that's settled, the servants get a day off tomorrow! Now, let's eat our dinner."

We continued in silence for at least twenty seconds.

"So, darling, are you nervous?"

"Not at this moment."

"I mean graduating from middle school and off to high school next academic year?"

"Oh...a little bit."

"Aw Fran it'll be alright, it's just like middle school," Eddie said.

"Eddie's right, it's just as easy. The worst that'll happen are the cliques and getting lost the first couple days-"

"Everybody shut up before I change my mind about the day off."

We were silent. I felt bad because I didn't want him to change his mind, it was my idea in the first place, talked him into it when school was over. I wanted to spend the whole day with him tomorrow. 

"You were really gonna change your mind weren't you?" I whispered to him.

He looked at me.  

"Yes I was-"

"Whether I talked you into it or not, they still deserve a day off!" My voice boomed.

"Francesca-"

"They work their ass off, ok!"

"Don't you dare speak to me that way Francesca!"

"Miss. Fran, please calm down," Riff said.

I stood up.

"You guys really need this day off, Dad worked your butt off for years, every single day. He threatened to change his mind over a conversation that he-himself started! Dad, you know what your problem is!? You're a spoiled brat, you were raised into a lap of luxury like those girls at school! Everything is done for you! Passive aggressive hypocritic son of a bitch!"

I ran off.