Part 7 - Planning

Peter's POV:

After two hours we decided to head home from the fair. We all walked together, Y/N and Ryder in the front, and me, MJ, and Ned in the back.

"I like Ryder," Ned comments, "He seems cool."

I nod and look up at Y/N and Ryder, they're walking hand in hand, laughing. It hurts to see her with someone new, but I knew it would happen when she moved.

"I'm sorry Peter," Ned says to me.

I shrug, "About what?"

Ned starts to say something but Y/N's voice cuts him off, "Hey Ned, why don't you tell Ryder about your Lego Death Star, he's thinking about giving his little brother one for Christmas."

Ned looks shocked, "Uh, yeah sure."

Ryder turns around and starts to walk next to Ned. I notice Y/N staring at me and she gives a nod of her head telling me to walk by her.

Your POV:

I nod my head trying to get Peter to walk beside me. He hesitantly steps up and joins me upfront.

"So, tell me about the mission," I say quietly.

He smiles, "We have to be at the mall by 10 AM. Mr. Stark said that we need to wait to put on our suits until the last second because we don't want to give anyone away."

I nod and look back to make sure Ryder is still occupied with Ned. Ned is smiling and talking, while Ryder is listening intently.

"OK, so how about you come over around 9:00, and we'll draw out a game plan. Then at 9:30 we'll leave for the mall,"

"Mall? Who's going to the mall?" Ryder asks as he moves back up towards me.

I turn to him shocked and try to think of something to say, "Uh, Peter and I have to go to the mall to handle some business,"

Ryder scrunches his face, "What business?"

Peter joins in, "Business for Mr. Stark,"

"Yeah, business for Tony," I nod.

Ryder looks confused, "Oh, so you're back to working with him?"

I nod. I hate lying to Ryder, but I can't have anyone else figure out I'm Gemini and Peter is Spider-Man. Plus, Peter and I need to do this alone. I don't want anyone getting hurt.

"Let's all go to the mall tomorrow," Ryder says looking back at Ned and MJ.

MJ gives a thumbs up and Ned smiles and nods.

"Great," I say through gritted teeth.

I send Peter a mind message, "I guess it's time to get my Gemini suit from the back of my closet,"

Peter looks at me and a wide grin spreads over his face.

~

We parted ways on the way home. MJ heading to her house, and Ned and Peter heading to Peter's house. That left me and Ryder to walk on our own for a little bit. We walked on the sidewalk hand in hand just laughing about silly things.

The mood shifts when Ryder stops and looks at me.

"What's going on?" I ask, still laughing a little.

"Is there anything going on between you and Peter?" His face is serious and concerned.

I walk back over to him, "No, of course not."

"It just looks like maybe there's something going on. And then you guys tried to plan a mall date together?"

I roll my eyes, "It wasn't a date. We're just doing some work for Mr. Stark,"