Results for Aspenpaw

"It was never meant to be this way

"It was never meant to be this way."

"All I'm good for is healing...and even then, I couldn't get things right."

"No cat is born evil but no cat has their choices made for them either..."

"If that is the only way to correct my past mistakes...I'll do it."

Perceptive. Trustworthy. Wise. Regretful. Healer. Leader.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was his love for the murderer that led to the clan's fall. It led to their leader, deputy, and medicine cat being killed in one night.

Well, former medicine cat. Mapleleaf had retired to the elder's den to make room for his apprentice.

He could still remember the snow furred she-cat that stood at the edge of the cliff. Her eyes, blank from the last time he had seen them, were ice blue with sorrow. 

He had dropped his medicine cat name the day he found out she was the one that started the murders. 

Aspenwing.

He shook his head, banishing the thoughts of his recently deceased mentor. It was just "Aspen" now and that was fine with him. 

"Aspen," his apprentice, Minnowpaw pleaded. "Please stay. We need you."

He blinked warmly at her, the first cat he reacted so strongly to. "No, Minnowpaw. I taught you everything you needed. The rest, you must follow your own intuition and StarClan's ways. Don't be so blinded like I once was."

Minnowpaw narrowed her eyes. "The clan needs a leader.."

"I know they do. But StarClan will guide the clan to a peaceful era once again."

"But they already sent us a sign. It has to be you."

Aspen sputtered with disbelief and shook his head but Minnowpaw then said, "It is a way to atone for your past mistakes. StarClan has seen the goodness and purity of your heart, they have given you a second chance. You told me you were never really happy as a medicine cat and I agree, that was never the path for you. But you've changed."

He nodded in response, a burst of pride blooming he realized how wise his apprentice had grown. "And you were born to walk the power of stars. To correct the mistakes of your parents."

Minnowpaw's eyes darkened slightly but she went on with her original thoughts. "You've trained to be stronger. You already bested some of our senior warriors. Maybe you didn't get there on your own...but that's the same story for all great leaders. They had help. They made mistakes but they corrected them. You will find that our clanmates do not hold a grudge against you for making a mistake. Sooner or later, she would have struck anyway."

The dark brown tom raised his head, pale leafy eyes flashing in the darkness. 

"If that is the only way to correct my past mistakes...I'll do it. I just hope they will accept me..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Congratulations to...

1st placeTiberus_The_Hawk (Aspenwing would have won the contest, especially if nobody had reasons attached to their names. It was hard picking the winner because everyone had good reasons but the aim of this division is to come up with the best fitting name, with or without reason.)

>20 points

2nd placeSunstruck_Pebbles (Aspencloud also suits him, even before his path changed.)

>15 points

3rd placeashfeather- (Aspenwatcher was refreshing. It still suited his characteristics but had a different direction.)

> 10 points

Participants:

Your names were all incredible but I had to keep in mind that Aspenwing received his medicine cat name before starting an intimate relationship. Something that we kept hidden for obvious reasons.

_Jasminescent_ with Aspenwish (Really good, in that he did wish for many things. He was not granted his greatest wish but that doesn't mean the suffix doesn't fit! I just thought there would be other names that suited him better, see tips for more info.)

WarriorCats09 with Aspenflower (I liked your connections and agreed he was too gentle for battle. See tips for more info.)

AftertheSharpJay with Aspentrail (Fitting connection, see tips for more info.)

Varulven15 with Aspenpad (Agreed with all your statements, see tips for more info.) 

blackflamingo with Aspenheart (Fits his traits nicely, see tips for more info.)

Tallshadow1221 with Aspenleaf (I like the connections, see tips for more info.)

Jayleaf_SaveW with Aspenbeat (Really unique and a different approach! See tips for more info.)

> 5 points

Tips/Suggestions/Comments:

- By the way, if someone had "Aspenpath" as a name, I would have been tempted to give them an honorable mention since in my eyes, the suffix flows better than "trail" or "pad.)

- For each round, there will be hidden criteria. It's "hidden" for a reason but you'll be able to predict what they are after experiencing a few rounds.

- In this case, Aspenwing became a medicine cat before falling in love. This explains why the winning names didn't have much to do with his love.

- Keep in mind that the personality traits given to the apprentices are certainly not set in stone, as all cats mature and change over time. The personality traits specifically for Aspenwing were in his early apprentice stages.

- Adding on, the winning names will be the ones that best reflect not only who the cat is as an apprentice but as a warrior/medicine cat/etc. And vice versa.

- What gives the name an edge: It's a bit more unique and fits nicely compared to other names. 

- Your reasoning won't play as much of an impact anymore but at the same time, if you're on point with them and you already have a good name, you have a better chance of winning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You will find that all or most of these characters have a connection to one another.

The chapters will also release in a longer span of time.

(Since there's more depth and complexity.)

Remember to comment/pm me if your name changed~

Remember to vote on every chapter, that helps a lot! ^~^

Have a nice day, everyone~