Chapter 12- Separated

I cried like that for hours, the tears just kept streaming down my face. I was out of control, I couldn't help it. When I finished crying I didn't move. I don't want them to find me, even if they're long gone. I slept in a tree again, another Katniss move. 

The next morning something was stinging, and when I looked down I was surprised. I have cuts all over my arms, and a few on my legs. Dirt covered me, and so did a few leaves. I sighed. Cameron he better be ok, I don't think I can handle it if I lose someone else. Cameron is like a brother to me, he's like Sin. Except Cameron didn't get arrested for helping me escape.

I looked around my area, damn this is a lot of wood. I have to get back to the city, finding the mutant underground is more important now. It's more important now that the purifiers know what I look like.

I throw my bag down to the ground and slowly climb down the tree. I plopped on the ground and slung my bag over my shoulder. I looked around at my surroundings and decided to go the opposite way Cameron went. They might be over there, waiting for me. I walked away listening, surveying my surroundings carefully. So far the only things that I've heard are animals for rustling tree branches. I let myself relax more and walk calmer through the woods.

I walked for a while, till I heard cars. I got close to the edge of the road and crouched behind a tree. I looked at the road watched for a bit. It's not a highway, it leads to a town. I looked down at my outfit and sighed. I pulled my hair into a pony tail, and wiped off some dirt that was on my face. I went a little deeper into the woods and changed my pants. moving closer to the road I took off the leather jacket, and put on my sweater. Looking around once more I slowly move out of the woods. I walk across the street and look around. I'm still in Atlanta, but not where I want to be. 

Walking further down the road I see a small park. Once I reach the small park I put my bag down on a bench and sit next to it. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I comb through people's minds and try to find any mention of the mutant underground. I'm to far away from where I was originally going to go, so I have to find another way. Then I see it, it's a motel that houses mutants. They house mutants until the underground can take them to safety. I open my eyes, and look through my bag. Inside I take out a burner cell and flip it open. I should call Cameron, no I shouldn't. They could have him, they could be waiting for me to call him, they could be waiting for me to tell them something about my location. I close the phone and use my powers to break it. I get up, take my bag and throw the phone into the garbage. Then I take off for my destination. 

Once again I walk for a long time. I don't stop. Some people on the street look at me when I pass. I try to ignore them, but sometimes it's hard to. I was never good at ignoring people, when I was younger I moved around a lot. Moving from foster home to foster home was very hard for me. Everyone in each town, knew who helped foster kids. Those families would talk about it, but wouldn't care if their kids heard them talk. Those kids would look out for new kids in school, waiting to see if their were any foster kids. I never knew why they would want to do that, the stereotype of children is that they are nice and sweet. But that is totally incorrect. Kids are mean little shits. They suck and they're all bullies. In one small town that I was staying in every kid knew about the foster home. Every kid knew that I was staying there, and for some reason they hated me. No one was ever nice, no one tried to be my friend. They all believed me to be a freak. Believing me to be a freak was hard for me because everyone would call me names, follow me home and throw things at me. For some reason they all hated me, and I was never able to get over that, but that all changed one day. One day a mutant kid joined are school, and all the other kids heard terrible things about them from their parents. They beat this kid up almost everyday. I didn't do anything because I thought that these kids wouldn't hate me if they hated someone else, so I did nothing. This changed juristically. One day they were beating him up, and I just had to intervein. Intervening caused me to get a scar on the back of my neck, of course this also caused me to get moved to a different house. Watching all these people look at me strangely made me feel weird. 

Walking down the street I looked down at my feet, I couldn't take the stares anymore. I turn the corner and slam into someone, and fall on my ass. 

"Oh m gosh I'm so sorry." says the man. 

He holds out his hand. I grip it in mine and he pulls me off the ground.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." I say looking at the ground sheepishly.

"It's alright... uh are you ok?" he asks.

I look up at him, he looks familiar.

"Yeah I'm fine." then I realize who he is, "Sorry again." I say walking away.

I get farther down the street and look back at him. When I look at him he's staring right back at me. I quickly look away and hurry down the street. 

'Andy Strucker'