Gone

I don't know how long I cried in that alley, it felt like forever. I never knew that seeing my father again would feel like this, I though if I ever saw him again, I'd be happy. I thought that seeing that man would make me happy, and that I could have a family again, but I was wrong. That man left me alone, he left my mother, he left Lorna, he left everything. He can claim that he was gone to protect us from him, or from his life, but he was wrong. We are his kids, we are his family, and family is supposed to be forever. No matter what, we were going to have some kind of connection to this world, the the mutant world, for him to think he could protect us from it; it was stupid. 

I gripped the phone in my hand until my knuckles turned white. I screamed out in anger, and threw the phone at the wall across from me. I never want to see him, never again. I struggled to get up, I used the wall for support as I stood. 

I looked around, it's dark now. I wiped my hands on my pants, and I tried to get the other grime off of me. 

Then I started towards the apartments, I have to get out of here. I can't do this anymore. I walked down the empty sidewalk, through the abandoned streets. Something's wrong, the streets are never this empty. I ran into an alley, and climbed up a fire escape. I tumbled onto the roof, and crouched down as I ran across. As I reached the edge, I felt out. I felt to find if there are any people out here with me.

There are. 

I opened my eyes and looked down into the alley below. There are people down there, and they're purifiers. I watched them as they worked, I can't really tell what they're doing. They leave the alley, and I follow from the roof tops. 

I followed them as they neared the apartments. Are they going there. They silently run, with their guns. Yes, they are definitely going to the apartments. They can't catch them, they can't! 

'Lauren! Get out! The purifiers, they're coming! You have to get everyone out!'

I don't get a reply, but I know that she heard me. I know that they all did. I watched as the purifiers enter the building, I watch as they break into every home, trying to find the mutants. Then, I hear gun shots. I gasp and jump down from the roof. I run straight through the front doors, running towards the sound of gunfire. 

I bolt up the stairs, I bolt through the hallways, and right to them. My friends, they aren't going to beat them. 

"HEY!" I yell.

They all turn to look at me. Red mist now surrounds my body, my eyes the color of blood, and my hair turning faster and faster. Their bullets turn into bubbles, and their knives, and other weapons into Styrofoam swords. They come running at me, but stop and collapse. The red mist disappears from around me, as the purifiers go unconscious. 

My friends stare at me wide eyed. I look at them, and then run into the apartment. I run to my things, and start to throw them into a bag. I stuff everything into it, ignoring everything I feel. I heard footsteps run into the apartment behind me.

"Wai, what are you doing?!" asks Cameron.

I turn to look at them, and I give them a face. "The purifiers just found out where we live. I'm packing so I don't have Sentinel Services at my door. If you don't want that either, I suggest you start packing too."

They all look at me, and then run in different directions. Did they honestly think that they'd still be able to stay here after something like this? Why?

I threw my duffel, and backpack over my shoulder and went towards the door. I stood in front of it, waiting for the others. Soon they all came. Then we all left. We walked over the unconscious bodies, and threw the bullet ridden hallways. We walked through the front doors, and into our cars. 

They won't be able to find any trace of us there.

We're gone.