Eleven

Maybe this was fate. What if I wasn't supposed to be adopted. I was supposed to stay there and rot until I could live with myself. I was supposed to die when that bullet entered my body. I'm not supposed to be alive.

Third Person

"Jaycee.." Teagan cried as her, Kellin, and all of Pierce the Veil were sitting in Jaycee's hospital room. All they want is for her to wake up.

"I love you, Jaycee. Please wake up." Vic cried as he held her left hand. Tony was on the other side, holding her right hand as tears poured down his face.

Why'd it have to be her? He thought.

He cried harder than anyone has ever seen him cry. Jaycee, the one girl that made him smile, might be dying.

"Victor Fuentes?" The doctor said as he walked into the room. Vic stood up with hope in his eyes.

"That's me. Is she going to be okay?" He asked, needing to know.

"She will be perfectly fine. The bullet entered through the left side of her lower back. It didn't puncture anything and it was far from hitting the spinal chord."

All of their facial expressions lifted. Although, Tony was still teary eyed.

"When will she be awake?" Mike stood up. The doctor looked through his papers, seeing if anything showed how long it would be until then.

"She will be up and awake in a few hours. Until then, we would like if only two people were in here at a time." He said before walking out.

"I'll stay the whole time." Vic spoke up.

"I'll stay with you for a while." Teagan said, before sitting on the end of Jaycee's bed.

"Can I be in here next.." Tony asked, with a quiet voice. Vic nodded, and smiled at him.

"I will never leave her alone again.." Vic whispered, as a tear rolled down his face. "Never again."