Sixteen

"Yeah, I'm Jaycee.." I said with shaky hands. Vic and Mike's mother smiled and nodded while walking us to the kitchen.

"Ma, what's for dinner?" Vic asked his mother as his Dad, I assume, walks in and tackles Mike.

"Tacos. Ma's famous tacos." She replied with a huge smile on her face. Mike and his father wrestled as Vic, his Ma, and I sat down on a lovely sofa that was right in front of the doorway to the kitchen.

"Seems delicious." I mumbled. Vic nudged my arm.

"Speak up. Ma's tacos are amazing, by the way. You'll love them."

I nodded as I quietly slipped my shoes off, and stood up.

"Where are you going, sweetie?" Their Ma asked me. I hesitantly looked to the door, then to the bathroom, and back to them.

"U-uh to the b-bathroom.." I stuttered. They nodded and turned their attention back to the wrestling match that was going on between Mike and their Pa.

Slowly walking to the bathroom, I took in the scents of the house and the feel of the carpet between my toes. It was soft and lucious. So beautiful.

But then it hit me. I can't accept their love.. I'm not good enough for anyone to care about me..especially Mike and Vic.

I couldn't do it.

"Jaycee, are you okay?" Vic knocked at the door. I noticed I was crying and he probably heard me. Crap.

"Yeah, I'm fine." My voice cracked as I spoke.

"Let me in." He demanded. I slowly unlocked the door before sitting back down with my head in my knees.

"It's open."

He walked in and quickly ran over to me.

"Jaycee, why are you crying?" He asked, kicking the door shut.

"I don't belong here. I don't fit in with your parents. I don't look right sitting one those gorgeous couches. I-"

"Hey hey hey, don't say that. Have you seen all of Mike's tattoos? He seems out of place more than you do." He laughed, causing me to.

"I guess you're right..but how much longer do we have to stay? I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't feel welcome.." To be honest, I don't even know what I'm saying right now.

"Just a couple more hours." I nodded, cleaned up my face, and walked back out with Vic. He's a great brother. I'm happy to have him, Mike, Tony, and Jaime always by my side.. I'm glad I found them.

=========
Sorryitsshort...again. ButIjusthaven'thadtimetoupdate. Iwilltrytoupdatemore. IknowImentionedthisbeforebutcanyoufollowmynewinstagramaccountforthisstory? Its @adoptedbyptv