Fifteen

"Don't worry about your size." Vic whispered to me as I held up a size three dress that was a size too small. I shook my head and put it back on the rack.

"Why do I even need a dress." I said, admiring my newly colored hair.

"We have to meet up with Mike and I's mom and dad, and we want you to come with us." Vic answered. I lightly nodded.

"O-oh Kay." I've never been good with meeting new people, and Vic knows that. I don't know what he's thinking.

~

"You look gorgeous." Mike said as I walked out of the dressing room with a skin tight, black and white chevron patterned dress. I shook my head.

"I shows off too much skin." I replied trying to pull the dress down a little bit more to my knees. I stood up straight and it revealed every single cut and scar on my legs.

"Jaycee." Vic said sternly before pulling me back into the dressing room with him. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes?"

"Mike get her a different dress. A longer one." I heard shuffling and then a light blue dress was being slung over the stall door. Vic turned around to where he couldn't see me and I changed. This dress was knee lenghthed and the back was crossed.

"Zip me up." I stated before Vic turned around and zipped the dress up. I opened the door to see Mike's jaw drop. I felt my face get hot.

"We're buying it." He said before running to the register and paying for it. Well, okay...

====

"We're here." Mike said, parking the car in the driveway of their parent's house. I started shaking and couldn't breathe.

"Don't worry, they'll love you." Vic cooed before we all got out of the car. He put his arm around my shoulder and led me to the door with my body still shaking.

By this time my breathing had gone back to normal but my hands and knees were shaking...bad.

"Aw! You must be Jaycee!"