Twenty

"Go lay down, you had a rough day." Dad said, handing me a glass of water. I nodded, taking a sip and walking to the lounge area.

"You alright?" Tony asked, sitting next to me. I shrugged.

"I guess. I just don't understand how someone who doesn't even know me could say shit like that about me." 

"They're jealous is all. "

"I guess." I said taking out my phone to look through the picture i took today.

Nice.

I like it.

Aw.

I- Vic and Mike?

Vic and Mike took my phone and in the process of them taking it, they too a selfie. Wow.

Whatever, I'm keeping it. I laughed to myself and settled down on the couch in the lounge room.

"Jaycee?" Tony's voice sounded from the bathroom.

"Yes?"

"I need to ask you something..." he mumbled. I urged him to go on without saying anything. "Well, after what that  girl said today about you and Me having a 'thing' together, it made me think..what if we really did. Obviously you know that I like you, since Vic told you a while back..and I hope you like me back, so I guess.. I was just wondering..umm..."

"Spit it out, Tone!" I urged.

"Will you be mine?" Tony's face turned a bright red while he fidgeted with his thumbs.

"I'd have to see if Dad will allow it." I state. He nodded before walking back into the living area. I took my phone back out and texted Vic.

J- Dad, come here.

V- Alright.

 I heard some shuffling and the there was a 5'6" mexican with long curly hair standing in front of me.

"Yes my sweet daughter?" He said, sweetly...a little too sweet for my liking.

"Tone asked me out and I wanted your permission first." I said in one breath. He skeptically looked at me for a minute or more and I was starting to feel anxious.

"So, let me get this straight. While you were in here, supposed to be sleeping, Tony came out of nowhere and asked you to be his girly friend, and you said that you had to ask my permission first? Am I correct?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Yeah, pretty much. I mean, you are my dad and I just wanted to see what you thought before I said yes to him.." I said, cautiously. 

"You are an amazing daughter for doing that. When do you turn 18 again? July.. 12th?"

"Correct. And that's a few days away. (In the story it's during Warped in July) Sooo, what do you say?" I questioned my father.

"On your birthday, you can tell him yes. Mainly because I don't want him getting arrested." I said, casually.

"You. Are. The. Best. Dad. EVER!" I said jumping into his arms and giving him a big hug.

"I know."

Sorry it's short, but hey, you got two updates in one day. You should be proud of me! Haha.