Fourteen

Vic's P.O.V

"Stop!" Jaycee squealed, jumping out of the car as soon as it stopped.

"Hurry, follow her." I said to Mike. He's taller, he has longer legs. He can chase after her.

I laughed to myself at the sight of Mike chasing Jaycee around the parking lot of the store. Parking the car, I saw someone familiar. I don't know what it was about her, but I was shocked and out of breath.

I ignored it, though. Today was all about Jaycee and her release from the hospital.

"Wait up, guys!" I yelled, jumping out of the car after parking it. I raced towards the entrance of the Mall just so I could catch up to Mike and Jaycee.

When I got there, I was out of breath. You're so out of shape, Vic. I thought to myself.

"Hey, Dad/big brother." Jaycee and Mike said in unison. I looked around to see them both eating a 6in. sub from Subway. Typical. I laughed to myself as they scarfed down their sandwiches.

"What color do you want to dye your hair?"

Jaycee's P.O.V

"What color do you want to dye your hair?" Vic asked as I finished the last of my sandwich.

"Blue and purple ombrè." I said with my mouth full. Vic nodded and walked behind me into the mall.

I skipped into Hot Topic only to see the most beautiful Sleeping With Sirens sweatshirt. "Viiiiiiiicccc" I drone. He looked at me and saw where I was pointing, then walked away. Okay?

I picked out two different shades of blue and some purple hair dye, paid for it, and waited on Vic to get done.

"Here." he said handing me a bag.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Look in it." So I did.

"Vic, you didn't have to." I said slipping the sweatshirt on and smiling.

"But, I wanted to."