Chapter 11

Walking into school is like walking into a bullring, or the lion's den.

The students are the bull, and he's the unfortunate matador who has to fight and kill it - or in this case, try to navigate his day and get through his classes ignoring any judgmental stares or carrying whispers he might have to face. 

He feels like there should be an enormous target on his back, a poster reading I'm pregnant, come and make fun of me while you've got the chance. 

But that doesn't happen.

Nobody says anything. Not a single word or look follows him down the hallway to his locker, nobody points him out or laughs or calls him a cruel name as he gets his books out, hurries to the bathroom to throw up before homeroom, then hurries on to first period - AP English. 

Did Kitty really keep her word?

Until he remembers that Tina is in his AP English class and that her seat is right in front of his.

He ignores her when he walks in, hiding behind his copy of King Lear and pretending to read it so that she won't talk to him. 

Except she drags her chair round to his desk, sits herself down and pulls his book away before he can ask her to leave. It's not like he's intentionally being cruel. He'd just rather not deal with this when it's not even 9am yet and he isn't allowed to drink coffee anymore. 

"How are you feeling?"

The whispered question took Blaine completely by surprise. He was so surprised, in fact, that he dropped King Lear and lost the page he was on.

"Um, okay, I guess." He wondered if his nervousness showed on his face. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

There it is, he thought. The accusations and the judgement. 

But, he decides to give her the honest answer, because what else has he got left to lose?

"I was scared." He admits. "I didn't know what you'd think of me. I'm still trying to figure it all out, and I know I have Kurt but he's not the one actually going through it, y'know? My parents still don't know, and I have no idea how I'm going to tell them,"

"I'm sorry." Tina said earnestly, putting a hand on his arm. 

"For what?" 

"That you have to do this all by yourself. It must be hard."

"It'll be even harder when I graduate, when I'm the size of a balloon, and not being able to hide it anymore. I won't be able to keep making excuses for myself then."

"Then we'll help you." Tina said. "All of us, in Glee club. Nobody's going to judge you, Blaine. We want to help." 

He didn't realize there were tears in his eyes until Tina pressed a tissue into his hand.

"Sorry." He sniffed, still keeping his voice low. "Hormones." 

"Sam wants to talk to you, too." Tina continued. "And don't look at me like that - he feels terrible about letting it slip and he wants to apologize."