Chapter 1

"Aye what's good Charlie"  I said dapping him up before sitting in the rolling chair beside him.

"Aye Y/N nothing much just the same ole same ole music, drama, music,....and more drama". He said making us both chuckle at his response. If your wondering Charlie is a music producer he also happens to be a really good friend of mine, we've been friends since 7th grade and we're both the same age...21.

"Oh Y/N I forgot to tell you Ski wanted to talk about somethin'," He said to me.

I heard a screeching making me shoot my attention toward the door. I don't know who it was but Charlie did so I just sat there and waited to be introduced.

"What's poppin Charlie Marlie" The unknown guy said making me chuckle at the nickname he gave Charlie and look down at my phone that was vibrating I picked it up and saw it was my girlfriend I waited until her name was off my screen and shot her a quick text saying I'm in the studio and can't talk on the phone, she replied with a eye roll emoji and a message that said "Hurry up I miss your cuddles".

It made me giggle a little but then I put my attention back on the two guys that were talking about the beat that Charlie was up doing last night.

"Yeah but its more of a ground bass with a lot of kick drum." Charlie said trying to explain it

"Play it for us" I said making them turn their attention to me

Charlie raised his eyebrow like he was thinking about something and turned his chair towards the soundboard grabbing his phone and typing something then pressed a button on the soundboard making the beat play.

As the beat played I bobbed my head while lyrics popped up in my head...damn I wish I would've brought my notepad. I heard some noises in the back and turned to see what it was and it was the kid that was talking to Charlie about the beat.

"Aye kid get in the booth Charlie gotchu" I said to him he looked up from his notebook to me switching between me and the booth like he was thinking whether or not to get up and he decided to get up. He walked to the booth and I tapped Charlie showing him that little dude is in the booth. He put the headphones on and motioned for Charlie to start the beat over.

I leaned back in the chair waiting for whatever was about to come next. We waited to hear the beat to start over, I never took my eyes off of the kid you could say I'm just being creepy or scouting out this kid...hell I might be doing both right now.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Whoa I'm not showing it on my face but that was impressive coming from someone like him, I thought he would be another one of those mumble rappers but I guess I was wrong.

"Aye say kid what's your name?" I asked through the intercom

He chuckled and said "I mean they call me Token" Hmmm Token... I like that

He got out of the booth and I dabbed him up "Aye kid are you signed yet?" I asked because if not I'm gonna scoop little dude up. He is to talented to be not signed to anyone, but if he is I'm gonna have to talk to the president of the label about some things.

"Um no, I'm not I want to though that's why I'm working with Charlie" I looked a Charlie with a smile he already knew what was about to happen.

I turned to the little Token kid and gave him my card and walked out. I hopped in my BMW all black i8 2018 Facelift and headed home but got a call, It came through my bluetooth so I tapped the answer button.

"Wassup Its (Your Professional Name)"  I said wondering who it was, there was no caller ID so I'm lost.

"Aye this Tech N9ne I was callin because a friend of mine put me on to some of your music and I got the idea to do a collab with you and this kid named Logic I think yall two would really turn out the music industry." He said with a shuffling of paper in the background.

Wow Tech fucking N9ne wants me on a song with him this dude is a fucking legend in the rap game... wait how did he get my number?

"Um yeah sure that would be dope man" I said trying to sound cool and calm but trust my brain is doing flips and shit. I hear a laugh on the other end which grabs my attention.

"Oh shit did I say that out loud?" I hope I didn't because that would be a huge amount of my cool point taken away.

"Say what out loud?"  He asked cluelessly which made me chuckle mentally

"Oh nothing but thanks for reaching out about this collab. When are we gonna meet up in the studio to do it?" I asked pulling up in my garage and sat there with the car still running.

"Tomorrow at 5:20am...sharp." Huh? "At your studio" he said then the line went dead, 5:20 am sharp? is this dude serious. I look at my watch which says 10:15 well I better get inside I have some time to work on some album stuff.

When I get in the house all the lights was off so I guess my baby went to sleep. The thought brings a little frown to my face because I wanted to talk about somethings I've been thinking about with us and everything, we've been together for some time I feel like I should take it to the next level.

As I got closer to the bedroom I heard a bunch of noises, I really hope it's not what I think but as I open the room door, it hit me it was true my girlfriend was cheating on me.